EFL teaching careers in Riyadh

Hi,

I've decided on relocating to Riyadh this year and finding work as an efl teacher is proving very difficult, any advice on the job search by anyone who's been through it would be very helpful. I'm a UK graduate,not in Education though, taking the TESOL course in April but every job advertised seems to want 2+ yrs experience. Is there any way I can move to Saudi without an employer sponsoring me for work and try find work there myself?

Thanks!

Apply for the jobs any way - don't worry about the experience it is not essential. At worst they say no or they may just start you on a lower salary. Nothing to lose hey

There was someone on here a little while ago came here without work with the intention of finding some but I can't remember the post ... perhaps he will read this? But to be honest I don't know how good that would be. And I'm not sure if that would then count as local hire - they pay a lower salary for this.

Thank you! yes I think I will carry on applying, hope I get something soon :)

Their requirements become lower as they become more desperate :lol:  Keep applying!  They hire all year round.

If you haven't already done so, be sure to check out www.daveseslcafe.com.

But please also read the teacher's forum at Dave's to learn about the different recruiters and schools.  Also, we have threads on this forum about what goes on at many of the schools here so please make an informed decision.

Best of luck :)