Is it just me or foreigners have no opportunites whatsoever here ?

I know plenty of expa lecturer earning 3k per onth wirh w p.other blue collar for 1.5 k per month w wp.

I'm sorry but I don't really understand your English.

Mike that is what happens when someone attends a local University staffed by cut price lecturers paid illegally  :D

Nemodot :

Mike that is what happens when someone attends a local University staffed by cut price lecturers paid illegally  :D

And is used to texting and not actually writing.  :whistle:

There are a number of criteria that employers all over the world, not just in Kuala Lumpur, examine when interviewing prospective candidates to fill any position - educational background, previous experience and inter-personal skills being the three most important.

One can hardly expect that an employer would fill any vacancy with anything less than the very best candidate that is available. It's easy to blame somebody else for an unsatisfactory outcome. It's interesting that the OP, herself, admitted that she had no experience and was not able to speak the language. Really, would YOU hire someone like that for YOUR company? If you were interested in staying in business and making money you certainly wouldn't.

If you have difficulty finding employment anywhere in the world, the first thing you need to do is conduct a rigorous self examination. You need to ask yourself WHY this is happening and come up with some very honest answers, many that you may really not like to admit.

It serves no useful purpose blaming others and crying about the situation if you don't have the educational qualifications, experience or inter-personal skills such as language necessary to land the job. You can continue searching until you starve to death and you still won't succeed. What you need to do is improve yourself in those 3 key areas. Take courses, learn the local language, work at other related jobs in the field in order to work yourself up to the position that is your true objective, while gaining valuable experience.

Don't just assume that if you don't get the job offer it's because you're an expat. Look around you, the person that got it was the most qualified - and that has no bearing on nationality. You may just as easily have lost the job to another expat than to a local.

William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

No language skills and no experience = no job.

Read what wjwoodward  has written.

This is crazy ! Xxx

stumpy :

No language skills and no experience = no job.

Read what wjwoodward  has written.

It is the modern generation. They never wanted for anything, spoilt by parents, spoilt by teachers and society, then the real world hits them. And they can't cope with the fact they won't get what they want when they wail like babies. If their Latte is too cold they have a depression and need a psychologist!

What we used to call an "useless muppets" but these days that is what most graduates are generally. No skills, no drive, no determination or resilience; and in many cases even for UK English standards that are appallingly bad.

U no w@ i mean bro, gimme job

BTW Stumpy you don't travel much do you..... :dumbom:

marvelous explanation really :)
but for me , the problem is to reach the stage of interview !!

Hahaha...I guess so  :D

No I have never traveled much at all.   :whistle:

stop chasing high salary... money you can't take to grave.... go back and live life in your own country even if it means lesser salary... learn to enjoy life... Life is Short... dont waste time chasing money as Death is chasing you instead...

Perhaps you should consider moving to the UK to study and work and go on from there. Seems that is what so many foreigners seem to do these days.

hi ..i just finished my bachelor in hotel and restaurant management and i had many experience in my industry og study, i would to apply a job here in KL but so hard for me..hope someone could help me F,22..thanks

Well join the queue with 30 million unemployed young Fillipinos looking for work anywhere. Malaysia's population is 28 million.

You do the Math! Or get very lucky and approach lots of hotels/resorts and do some real job hunting.

Moderated by Bhavna 2 months ago
Reason : Offering a job! Please drop your offer in the Jobs in Kuala Lumpur section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey reemz, i am also struggling from past 7 months to get job in malaysia. The main obstacle is work permit. Feeling like they dont hire expat.Feelng like my all qualifications and experince just got dumped while i enter mamalaysia. I am not blaming the country but i am so much irritated. But still have hope and trying my best. Wish u goid luck too.

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Looking for a Permanent Job immediately
By mageshwarianish
Looking urgently for a part-time job!
By Guest

Expatriate health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Moving to Kuala Lumpur

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kuala Lumpur

Travel insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Kuala Lumpur

Flights to Kuala Lumpur

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Kuala Lumpur