Can a women get iqama??

can a woment would get iqama from school or do the schools can provide visa to that lady who is an experienced teacher?
if her husband is having good post but is not eligible to provide family status(as his company has not given iqama according to his post).

If you have a ligit job here you can get an iqama from the company, yes. Man, woman, monster makesno difference

plz guide me cearly :/

Yes, women can have their own iqamas.

If you are on a job, you'll get the iqama; the sponsor will be your employer.

If you are a house-wife/unmarried girl staying at home, you'll get your own iqama and your sponsor will be head of family. (husband/father).

So everyone legally residing in KSA MUST have the iqama.

Let us know what exactly is the concern and we'll be able to help better.

helpline..plz wrote:

Pls rephrase your question clearly !!.

Else I think Louise said it very cleraly, that if you have a valid or ligitimate jobs, you can get IQAMA from your company.:)

saimans wrote:
helpline..plz wrote:

Else I think Louise said it very cleraly, that if you have a valid or ligitimate jobs, you can get IQAMA from your company.:)

Thanks saimans, I certainly struggle with english on occasion ;) but I thought it was clear enough

Louise.Welge wrote:
saimans wrote:
helpline..plz wrote:

Thanks saimans, I certainly struggle with english on occasion ;) but I thought it was clear enough

But your spelling is infinitely better than his ;)

Alliecat wrote:
Louise.Welge wrote:
saimans wrote:

But your spelling is infinitely better than his ;)

I think its OK as long as the message is conveyed !!:)

and dont take it :offtopic: now...

LMAO

TheLegendLeads wrote:

LMAO

:offtopic:

Seems every topic is off topic lately

In trying to keep this slightly on the original topic, I finally got my new iqama and the buggers used that picture from the airport arrivals ?!?!? I have just sat on a plane for 8 hours no make up, hair not brushed - lucky I didnt have my finger up my nose or something. Why ask for more pictures if thats the one they are using?

What airport photo?  My sponsor took a photo of me a few days after arrival to submit with the igama paperwork.

That must be long time back Alliecat.

When I got an electronic iqama in place of the previous notebook type, it took me 10 days to figure out where the heck they might had taken that casual picture of mine. It was from my arrival back from a holiday trip. The same pic goes on all other documents (drv license etc) and the HR folks say that it's not easy to change it.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

That must be long time back Alliecat.

Is 2-1/2 years a long time?

yes :)

TIP OF THE DAY: All new arrivals :) Do your make up first - it is not a flattering picture

why schools do not provide visa to WOMEN??? if she is willing to do job in school only. for teaching where ever i have gone they said u r on visit ?? its not allowed u know I feel its tooooooooo difficult to me to stay here any more n hv to go back :(

I don't understand you - you tell me to answer you clearly yet you dont even ask a proper question.

Explain your situation properly then maybe you will get what you are looking for.

If you mean your wife is on a visit visa and wants an iqama then thats why they tell you no. It doesnt work like that. She needs to have residency to work and then she can become local hire or go home and get a job properly to get iqama then she will have a work visa with residency

helpline..plz wrote:

why schools do not provide visa to WOMEN??? if she is willing to do job in school only. for teaching where ever i have gone they said u r on visit ?? its not allowed u know I feel its tooooooooo difficult to me to stay here any more n hv to go back :(

Well, if you don't have the qualifications they want, they won't hire you.  So are you sure this isn't the reason?

Alliecat wrote:

Well, if you don't have the qualifications they want, they won't hire you.  So are you sure this isn't the reason?

Not only that, KSA is moving towards a maturity model (at least in the visa processes) where the visa requesting party has to prove that they are in severe need and the required resources are not available in the country.

okkkkkk now i got !! u mean to say she can work on the basis of local hire, on her husband visa, other wise she has to go back for getting job by recruitment by school if they r needed. thanks!!

helpline..plz wrote:

okkkkkk now i got !! u mean to say she can work on the basis of local hire, on her husband visa, other wise she has to go back for getting job by recruitment by school if they r needed. thanks!!

What's that expression my British colleague uses?  Oh yes... the penny drops ...

Bit of an inside joke but that's what you call "finking fast"

helpline..plz wrote:

she can work on the basis of local hire, on her husband visa

Though it's a wide spread common practice but let me highlight: Working on husband's visa is not legal either.

Say a housewife with iqama, with her husband as sponsor, should be working (illegally) and it is picked up on by authorities... what would the likely repercussions be?

God Forbid: Penalty of ~20,000 and immediate deportatation (Kharooj Nahai) of both with black-listing in the immigration records.

Of course, they know what's going on in the streets out there and let's pray......

Awareness is necessary. At least we must know.

Thank you very much for info!