Can Russians and foreigners communicate with each other successfully?

Hi everyone!

As many Russians in Moscow I'm looking for an opportunity to practice my English here in my country.
But!!!!!!!! I don't want to pay money for speaking in English clubs. If we are your friends so what a nonsense to pay for friendship.
Although I realise that people can communicate with each other if they have a common business or activity (I don't know how to name it). I know that there is a lot of barriers between us. Maybe you still can find some dishonest young ladies and man looking for protection or cheating you but any way I see two things:

1. Many educated Russians wanting to practice their English and ready to be useful for you or participate in some sort of common actions, arrangements, campaigns;
2. A great number of foreingers who spend their week-ends in hotels and apartments or hang out in the nearist night-clubs. They've got very valuable working experience and good or perfect English.

By now only English clubs and courses have benefitted by these two facts.
Are we able to communicate without interference of free market and the internet?

I'm waiting for your suggetions or advice.

interesting mind, i would like to help you in english or french,im native french.

i'm have another thoughts, Elena, no offense - how many people have many opinions. as for me, i'm not looking for expats to practice my English with them. i want to know them, their country, way of life. Without language it's difficult but real.

But what's your point, gangsty? Talking to native spearkers is the only way to learn any language. I don't want to live abroad so I try to learn English at home.
Do you want to know more about live abroad? Ok! But you know how hard to communicate with someone who knows your language badly. How can you talk to each other if you can hardly understand your foreign friend and express your thoughts?
No offense - but your message is about: It's better do nothing and speak poor English, any way, I can find out something about them.

hello there,
its my first post.
iam Mostafa from egypt i have moved recently to moscow feel like home boy!! not moveing much as iam not speaking russian!lonely away of friends,if anyone intristing for a meeting,contact me.
all the best for all.;)

well, I could agree with the Elena`s message because of similar situation. I think everyione knows that if you speak another language you can acquire knowledge of other nations. I had been living for some period of time in china and the absence of knowledge in chinese did not allow to communucate with chinese effectively. As a result I have become closer to expats who had lived there. I am looking for some people curently who are not russian because they become closer to me. Unfortunately, I have not achived my aim. I dont know the reason yet but I do and hope.

Hi Dear,
its a interesting thought..
i am from India .. but yes my English level is as good as a native english speaking person.. i do use much of US English rather than UK ...

if you want to communicate with me for language exchange you can talk to me on skype .. siddhartha.kler

agree with you Elena, and that will not only help you, but gonna help us also, cuz when i were in Moscow i felt like oh! how i can even describe that...
wish all think like u do, that gonna give us a better world...