Cost of Living in Bahrain

Hi,

I am new to this forum and would like to know a few details w.r.t cost of living in Bahrain. I would be moving in during the 1st week of April from India am a bit confused.

I work in a MNC and have got an offer in Bahrain for 1500 BHD approx. per month. The company does not provide me accommodation and transport; which means this needs to be paid through the salary that I am offered.

Things that I would like to know:

1.    Is this salary enough for a family of two?
2.    Approx. Cost of accommodation for a fully furnished apartments (single or double bedroom)?
3.    Good residential localities near Manama where I could rent apartments for reasonable rent.
4.    Cost of transportation using local taxis
5.    Average monthly expenses for a middle class family – groceries, entertainment (once or twice a month like watching movies or outing), etc.
6.    How much would I be able to save on the above offered salary post my expenses?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Hi leoknsan,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can also have a look at other threads on the Bahrain forum.

Best of luck,
Christine

welcome abored , and welcome to bahrain soon
ill answer some of your Q..

1.    Is this salary enough for a family of two?
yah its will be enough and more

2.    Approx. Cost of accommodation for a fully furnished apartments (single or double bedroom)?
you can find a great apartments near manama, cuz manama hard to find

3.    Good residential localities near Manama where I could rent apartments for reasonable rent.
as i said its a lit bit hard but you can find one which is good.

4.    Cost of transportation using local taxis
my advice for u, get a rent car monthly 170BD much better than taxi.

5.    Average monthly expenses for a middle class family – groceries, entertainment (once or twice a month like watching movies or outing), etc.
u can go out and have fun every weekend, its not a big deal ;)

6.    How much would I be able to save on the above offered salary post my expenses?
you will save alot if you know how to run the 1500 BD in Bahrain ;)

regards

Thanks Christine...

Thanks Hubail for your quick response...

Hi Leoksnan and welcome to the forum,

Like Christine said, you will find many answers to this kind of questions if you go through the forum a little bit.

Then if you couldn't find your answers, do not hesitate to come back!

Cheers

Olivier