Informations: Royal Moroccan Restaurant

My dear friends,

Can anyone tell me anything about the Royal Moroccan Restaurant, located on Malta Island? I cannot find any details about it on the internet. I just applied for a job there and the answer was positive, but i would like to find out some more informations like an exact location, approach to the customers, good or bad reviews etc.

Thank you in advance and have a lovely day :)

I have seen these adverts for staff but I couldn't find out any more information or anything regarding the company.

I will see if I can find out any more... alternatively just email them and ask for more details about the resturant

Julian

scubaboy wrote:

I have seen these adverts for staff but I couldn't find out any more information or anything regarding the company.

I will see if I can find out any more... alternatively just email them and ask for more details about the resturant

Julian

Thank you very much, Julian :)

I have an e-mail address from them: [email protected] and the person who answered my job application is Aaron Haroun. I also found another restaurant that is using the same e-mail address: Fanelli Restaurant, located in 293, St Ursola Str, Valletta.

Hi Onitzza,

welcome to our forum.

It looks as if the restaurant is starting business soon ! I wonder where they will be located ? Maybe at the Waterfront in Valletta?

The name sounds exiting and I think a good Morroccan restaurant is missing in Malta. Please keep us updated.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi Onitzza,

welcome to our forum.

It looks as if the restaurant is starting business soon ! I wonder where they will be located ? Maybe at the Waterfront in Valletta?

The name sounds exiting and I think a good Marroccan restaurant is missing in Malta. Please keep us updated.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for this warm welcome :) I have no idea about this restaurant, i'm waiting for Mr. Haroun to answer my e-amil and maybe i will be able to tell you more about that. Keep your fingers crossed for me, i hope i'll move to Malta very soon :)

Hello all
I am from Bulgaria and I recieve a job offer from this restaurant. Anybody know something more about it?

Dilqnka wrote:

Hello all
I am from Bulgaria and I recieve a job offer from this restaurant. Anybody know something more about it?

Hi Dilqnka,

Welcome :) I believe we are asking the same things about the same employer. maybe someone who knows more about it will give us an asnwer, very soon.

Hi all,

did the job offer come with any details like salary, paid vacation and so on ?

From my experience you will be told the pay when you go to sign the contract and might be saying ....'no' -)))

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi all,

did the job offer come with any details like salary, paid vacation and so on ?

From my experience you will be told the pay when you go to sign the contract and might be saying ....'no' -)))

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky,

I did't got an answer on the e-mail that i wrote to Mr. Aaron Haroun, two days ago. I'm affraid that all of this was just a set up.

Hi Onitzza,

just two days ....
here in Malta it could well take 4-6 weeks before you get definite feedback. A job offer as such is not worth much until you actually go to sign the contract. Even then you could well be confronted with strange terms and conditions.Don't sign anything before you havn' read the whole document and understood the terms.

I'm not saying anything against this new restaurant, just in general. Be patient and don't count on anything being straightforward.

And take into consideration that Romanian and Bulgarian citizens need a work permit in Malta ! Your future employer has to apply for a work permit for you which can take up to 3 months!

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi Onitzza,

just two days ....
here in Malta it could well take 4-6 weeks before you get definite feedback. A job offer as such is not worth much until you actually go to sign the contract. Even then you could well be confronted with strange terms and conditions.Don't sign anything before you havn' read the whole document and understood the terms.

I'm not saying anything against this new restaurant, just in general. Be patient and don't count on anything being straightforward.

And take into consideration that Romanian and Bulgarian citizens need a work permit in Malta ! Your future employer has to apply for a work permit for you which can take up to 3 months!

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky,

Thank you very much for this informations.
Well: it was like this: in the first e-mail, when he told me i'm very good the job offer, he was asking about my exact arrival date to Malta. But i have a work contract here, in Romania and i cannot leave immediately. i've explained all this to him and asked him a few questions about the job, accommodation etc. He wrote me an e-mail, on the next day, asking for another photo and when i can come to Malta. Again. And... no answer, so far.
But i can wait. Maybe something good will come out of this.

Hi Onitzza,

thanks for the clarification.

I would certainly be very cautious about coming to Malta for these kind of job offers. The chances that you will be granted a work permit are quite low for this kind of work as there are many Maltese and EU's looking for any kind of work at the moment. Just follow recents posts and questions on this forum Your future employer would have to wait to see how many or if any Maltese or EU citizens apply for the same job.

Generally speaking Maltese employers make job offers subject to a work permit and won't go through all the hassle and extra expense. It sounds typical that after many maybe's and perhaps you will end up with a ridicously low wage and bad working conditions.

Feel free to ask when you have more details and be cautious about coming to Malta because of this remote job chance.I'm sorry I say anything more positive.

Cheers
Ricky

My experience is the same. Second e-mail with this answer:

HELLO,MS DILEQA YES YOU WILL HAVE ACCOMODATION AT QAWRA ,TOURIST STREET ,NO NEED FOR WORKING PERMIT, BUT IF YOU NEED ANY DOCOMENT TO WORK OR TO STAY I WILL DO ,OK THE CONTRACT AS WE BOTHOF US AGREE FROM 1 TO 5 YEARS AS WE LIKE OK AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO U HAVE CHILDEREN? AND ARE U SMOKING ?DO U HAVE DRIVING LICINCE? WHEN YOU CAN COME TO MALTA?YOUR HOPIES?SENDMORE PICTURE HAVE NICE DAY
I asked about the salary-no answer. Asked about the work permition-he says no need. But why he needs more pictures of me:/

Hi all,

no work permit ? That means this can only be some kind of illegal work! You can make your own guess what it could  be especially with the wish for more pictures  .

And jobs in Malta in general do not come with accomodation in Qawra.

Cheers
Ricky

Dear Dilqnka,

Reading your post i realise it sounds a lot like mine.

Ricky, it really seems like an illegal thing. And that makes me sad, because i really wanna move to Malta, seems like a wonderful place to stay, but i cannot do that without a work place, i can't afford to come and stay there until i will find something to do.
Well... i think this is it. When i'll receive a new answer for my e-mail, i will write it here, so that others can be warned...

ricky wrote:

Hi all,

no work permit ? That means this can only be some kind of illegal work! You can make your own guess what it could  be especially with the wish for more pictures  .

And jobs in Malta in general do not come with accomodation in Qawra.

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky, why not in Qawra?

Because Qawra was quoted in the response to your e-mail. Some companies offer their new employees accomodation for a limited period but it either has to be paid for or is part of the salary arrangement.

Another point I would query is a work contract from 1 - 5 years. I would not advise signing up anywhere for 5 years . Work permits for non-EU citizens are usually granted for up to 1 year at a time.

I wish you luck and hope that it turns out to be something realistic although it does not sound like. Keep us updated.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi ,

I just got the information that the jobs being offered are for belly-dancers in the evening/night.

Third-country nationals DO need a work permit but as the job is artistic/entertainment the employer does not need to show that he looked for Maltese/EU citizens first!

But .... the ETC will only issue one work permit for third- country nationals so you will not be allowed to take up any other work during the day. This does not count for EU citizens.

So you will have to consider the offered salary on it's own.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi ,

I just got the information that the jobs being offered are for belly-dancers in the evening/night.

Third-country nationals DO need a work permit but as the job is artistic/entertainment the employer does not need to show that he looked for Maltese/EU citizens first!

But .... the ETC will only issue one work permit for third- country nationals so you will not be allowed to take up any other work during the day. This does not count for EU citizens.

So you will have to consider the offered salary on it's own.

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky,

These were the details of the job offer, posted on the EURES website:

Summary
Title:WAITER WAITRESS
Description:
The chosen candidate will be serving food and beverages to customers.
Required languages:N
Geographical Information
Salary / Contract
Salary currency:Euro
Salary tax:Gross
Salary period:Annually
Hours per week:20
Contract type:NF
Extras
Requirements
Education skills required:None Specified
Professional qualifications required:No
Experience required:None required
Driving license required:No
Maximum age:99
Employer
Name:ROYAL MOROCCAN RESTAURANT
Information:Michael Stodtol
Address:TRIQ SANT' ORSLA VALLETTA VALLETTA MALTA
Phone:79001040
Email:[email protected]
How to apply
How to apply:Telephone EMPLOYER
Contact:Michael Stodtol (Phone: 79001040, Fax: , Email: [email protected])
Last date for application:03/04/2012
Other Information
Number of posts:5 Date published:20/03/2012
ISCO code:5123 National reference:241469
Nace code:55.30

So... thank you, but no thank you. There's nothing wrong about this belly-dancer job, but i don't want this life, so i hope he will find someone for that. I'm sure he will.

Thank you very much for this, Ricky. It breaks all of my hopes, but maybe it's better this way, instead of coming to Malta and having no way out from this.

So Ricky..thank you for open my eyes. That is not my job. I am going on looking for it. I will be very glad if you help us with information like this. have a nice day

Sounds very bad when they are offering Accomodation and a Contract for so long... I would say be very careful with this....

Although they are looking for Many different areas.... Waitress / Waiters / Dishwasher / Dancers...

Looks like a front to bring in people to work for next to nothing...or something worse IMHO

Julian

How to recognize the false advertisement?
:(

unfortunatley... these adverts were actually in the Government Job Site.... the best way is by literally what you are all doing here... post them here and let others see....

You will get as much advise as we can give you...

Julian

thank you a lot
:)

Hi,

it's not a fake add , probably just fishing for restaurant and entertainment staff. Keeping people in the dark about terms and conditions is the problem , in my opinion. Obviously recruiters asking for several photos have their reason to do so. If I'm looking for good waiters/waitresses I would go by other qualifications than a nice photo.

Thanks to all comments and posts you can get a better picture of what is being offered. The more information that is shared the better it is to make a good decision on such job offers. I still hope to find out what salary is being offered. That is the ultimate info !

As soon as I hear that it is opened for business I will go along and check out the place. I hope they have authentic and good Moroccan cooks -)))

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

As soon as I hear that it is opened for business I will go along and check out the place. I hope they have authentic and good Moroccan cooks -))

Ricky we could have a meeting there :) taste the cuisine :)

J.

Ok Julian,

let's schedule our ' Royal Expats Arabian Night' when we have more details.

Assalaamu a'laikhum
Ricky

Nice :)

scubaboy wrote:

Nice :)

Hey guys,

Not funny.... party without us? :P
Ricky, you're right, the lack of informations it's the worse thing. If i'll receive another e-mail, i will let you all know ;)

Have a great evening, my new friends :)

Count me in to discover the arabian mysteries :P

Not long time ago some "restaurant" owner ended up in jail for bringing foreigners for a job that happened to be a "different kind of job" but was threatening them to turn them in to the immigration authorities and send them to jail... that is the catch..once that you work with no papers you are in the hands of this people... I am not saying that this is the case with this Restaurant..but sounds very suspicious.

Dear all,

I have received another job offer. If necessary, i will write a new topic for it. But in the meantime i will give some details here. It's a job offer in a hotel, i 'll google it myself, but maybe you have some informations about that. You can find, below, the response e-mail i have received just a few minutes ago:

"Dear Madam,
We need people as soon as possible, if you could resign from your curent work place you could go with another Romanian girl to Malta (about the end of next week).
The minimum net salary is 540euro (you have included food and accommodation.You only have to pay monthly for electricity,water and gas(it is about 30euro) and buy ticket from Romania to Malta - that is all, we  do not charge any additional fees.

Flat is near to hotel (about 10min by walk) and you will with another girl in room(double room).
Hotel is in Sliema and it is: THE PALACE HOTEL.

If you will be interested we send to you contract and you signature, buy a ticket and fly. We could send you telephone number to another girl from Romania and you can ask her for everything because when we were in Bucuresti she was on interview.

Contract is for minimum 8months.

Our website is:  www.workermalta.com"

So.... do you think it's a real thing or i'm just some kind of magnet for weird job offers? :P

Thank you :)

O.

Hi Onitzza,

it is the real thing , namely you are signing up to to a real slave contract and even paying for your own flight to Malta and back.

Do you really want to share a room in an appartment probably packed with other 'slaves'.

Just look at the salary! If you add in the slave accomodation and food you are looking at minimum net salary.

And what about the work permit ? Are they applying for you ? They will have to pay for your private health insurance! What about a visa to fly into Malta? The Palace hotel is a so-called 5 star hotel in the middle of Sliema.

Is life in Romania so bad that you want to exchange it for such a work contract in Malta? Compared to Maltese average salaries you are being paid so little that it actually makes me quite angry.

Please let me know about the work permit ! Without you would be working illegally in Malta and have no rights at all! Not even to a salary . But go ahead , these are the kind of cheap jobs that make companies like the Polish company 'Worker Malta' rich.  I don't want to keep warning you against the same kind of offers. The other offer as belly dancer or waitress in the 'Royal Moroccan Restaurant' was probably  better !

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi Onitzza,

it is the real thing , namely you are signing up to to a real slave contract and even paying for your own flight to Malta and back.

Do you really want to share a room in an appartment probably packed with other 'slaves'.

Just look at the salary! If you add in the slave accomodation and food you are looking at minimum net salary.

And what about the work permit ? Are they applying for you ? They will have to pay for your private health insurance! What about a visa to fly into Malta? The Palace hotel is a so-called 5 star hotel in the middle of Sliema.

Is life in Romania so bad that you want to exchange it for such a work contract in Malta? Compared to Maltese average salaries you are being paid so little that it actually makes me quite angry.

Please let me know about the work permit ! Without you would be working illegally in Malta and have no rights at all! Not even to a salary . But go ahead , these are the kind of cheap jobs that make companies like the Polish company 'Worker Malta' rich.  I don't want to keep warning you against the same kind of offers. The other offer as belly dancer or waitress in the 'Royal Moroccan Restaurant' was probably  better !

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky,

I appreciate your enthusiasm and i'm really thanking you for your words ;) Let take it step by step :) Initially, i wanted to consider this work offer, but only after i got the first response from this Polish company. The one above is the second response and made me angry, too. To be honest, my salary here, in Romania it's around 450 EUR and it's not enough for a decent life. I want to find something better, in another country if i have to, because there's nothing holding me down in Romania. Still... i won't leave the country for a 500 EUR salary, that's not a step forward, definitely. I just wanted to share the "new amazing job offer" with you, here, that's all :)

I already asked about the work permit, because i'm a little curious about the answer. And i don't need a visa, because Romania is part of EU since 2007.

P.S. Maybe i'll take some belly dancer lessons, i always wanted to learn that :))))

Hi Onitzza,

yes, you are right ! As an EU citizen you can come to Malta anytime  you want! It is only the work permit that is stll required but for these companies that is probably not a problem either.

Your salary of 450 € in Romania is worth a lot more than what is being offered to work here in Malta. Malta is not as cheap as many seem to think it is.

Thanks for sharing the info. The website itself is interesting and obviously a do-it-yourself product aimed at employers and full of mistakes.

I hope that you find a good job that makes it worthwhile to live your dreams and live in another EU country.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Onitzza,
I send my CV on this site www.workermalta.com, and they answer me, that they need a woman for a chambermaids in a 5 stars hotel.But they want me to gp there till the end of the week. Do you decide something about their offer? How sounds to you all?
Greetings
Di

Dilqnka wrote:

Hi Onitzza,
I send my CV on this site www.workermalta.com, and they answer me, that they need a woman for a chambermaids in a 5 stars hotel.But they want me to gp there till the end of the week. Do you decide something about their offer? How sounds to you all?
Greetings
Di

Hello Di,

I did't got an asnwer on my previous e-mail, but i was decided not to accept the offer, anyway. The salary is very small. And it's not just the salary, you can read the previous posts here and you will see that the offer wasn't serious.

Have a lovely day,

O.

So how to recognize the serious offer :(.
Anyway, here in Bulgaria, the situation is not good. Now I have no job and salaries here are small.

Dilqnka wrote:

So how to recognize the serious offer :(.
Anyway, here in Bulgaria, the situation is not good. Now I have no job and salaries here are small.

Di,

The salaries are small here too. But i preferr to stay in Romania until something serious comes along, instead of leaving the country and ending up being a slave, like Ricky said in one of his posts. And he is right, because there are many bad people who just want to take advantage of others good will. I have no idea how to recognise a bad offer. I think you should read the conditions carefully and the terms of the job offer, too and then decide what's best for you.

If i can help you in any way, let me know, oki?

Kisss,
O.

Hi Di,

How to recognize the serious offer ? Look at the salary being offered under consideration of the average salaries in different EU countries.

Malta already has one of the lowest averages in the EU. Around 14.000 €/year. The Council of Europe considers an income of less than 60 % of average income to be poverty level and should be the minimum income.

The minimum wage in Malta for 2012 is 158 €/week. Anything less is poverty level!

60 % of 14.000 € =161 € /week for 52 weeks /year ( no vacation or any other leave time).

So the big trick of these companies is offering you accomodation and meals so that it is difficult to determine the actual value of the salary.

If you really have no job and no future in Romania or Bulgaria this kind of job and pay might be better than nothing. But I cannot say anything about the work conditions ! You really have to make sure that you define the hours you work, paid leave, health insurance and the quality of the accomodation and meals being offered. You are being offered the job because no other Maltese or EU citizen is prepared to work for these conditions.

I wish you luck in making the right decision. It really is your decision!

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you very much friends, I understand all the risks...but I am sure that Bulgaria is worse than Malta. The only way to understand if the offers are legal or not, is to go there and see. I think so. They can offer me great conditions and a lot of money, but there is no way to know the truth from here.