Help with Visa Saudi

Any advise would be greatly received! My husband accepted a job in Saudi in November 2011. He flew to Saudi under a single entry business visit visa. His company applied for a work visa but because they had their figures incorrect the visa was rejected. They revised their figures which meant they fell into a green catagory and applied for my husbands visa for a second time in January. So far we have heard nothing. My husband has had to come home yet again for a new business single entry visit visa. He has been out there for nearly 5 months now and we are pulling our hair out. Whenever he asks about the status we are told "in another few days inshalla" or "in two to three weeks inshalla". Does anyone know what the hold up might possibly be please? We are told that because of the new system out there that there are delays. We have a house on a compound out there but myself and the children arent able to join him because of the situation with the visa/iqama, we are currently paying two lots of rent and bills. We dont know whether to just cut our losses and get him back home. Any advise please?

The visa is now dependent on which category the company is in. There is "niqat" system which categories the status of the company - Red, Yellow and Green.

From your post I understand the company was not in the "green" category and hence visa was rejected.

If the company has moved recently to "green" status, a visa will be issued but this can take time. Very much depends on how efficient the HR dept are.

I would suggest that your husband checks with a colleague to establish the category. It is a simple process to check, your husbands colleague can either sms his iqama or use the moi website.

If the company status is green. A work visa will be issued.

Many thanks for your reply. My husband's employer is in the green category, they originally had their percentages incorrect. It just seems to be taking a long time. How does he go about checking online? Does he need the visa application number? We have been informed that the labour office only speak arabic and that they will only deal with the saudi's working in public relations office and they dont seem to be very approachable. Many thanks again, we just assumed when he was offered the job that all of this would have been sorted before he got out there.

p.s. He has not been given an iqama yet either, is this normal practice?

Your husband has been on business visit visa. Iqamas are for work visa holders; not visitors.

For confirmation on the company category, @SaudiUK has given a great suggestion. Just get the iqama# of any employee in the company, then check it on MOI (Ministry of Interior) website.

If the company is in the green zone. A visa will be issued.

Iqama will only be issued once he has a work visa. (so dont expect Iqama yet)

It does take time, we came from manchester to Riyadh from the time they recruited me in the UK and us actualy landing in Riyadh there was a period of 4 months!!! It took my employer almost 3 months to obtain and send us the visa. There was very little updates about what was happening.

So be patient. All will be well.

Many thanks again for the advise both. I am very grateful, i will pass the information on to my husband.

SaudiUK wrote:

If the company status is green. A work visa will be issued.

Nice Info Saudi UK, can you please elaborate more on this, Red, Yellow or Green !!

Here is the summary [Copy-Paste from an old post]:

All companies have been categorized in 4 color bands; blue, green, yellow and red based on the saudis ratio in the company and its compliance with a scale provided by the govt.

- Blue and Green are safe and they'll enjoy high-end benefits.
- Yellows are advised to be green ASAP (by increasing the number of saudi employees) and many limitations applied.
- Red are 'kick-out' ones. All employees must leave.

The bottomline is: Only company managements can manage the colors and decide the fate of the employees.

Some professions are being strictly reserved for Saudis and expats will be replaced fast

Hi I'm here in Jeddah on a business visa with 90
Day validity and 30 day stay do I require a exit stamp from the
Company I'm visiting in Saudi. Or am I able to book a flight and fly
Home if anyone could answer this it would be much appreciated

Littlegreenman wrote:

Hi I'm here in Jeddah on a business visa with 90
Day validity and 30 day stay do I require a exit stamp from the
Company I'm visiting in Saudi. Or am I able to book a flight and fly
Home if anyone could answer this it would be much appreciated

The company is not the one issuing the exit stamp, when you are leaving the immigration will give the exit stamp for you, Make sure you travel back within the visa period,if not there is a fine and ban from further coming to KSA.

So  can I just book a flight and fly back to the uk then

Littlegreenman wrote:

So  can I just book a flight and fly back to the uk then

Yes, when you are on a business visit visa, you can just fly back any time during the validity period of the visa provided its all agreed with your employer /company in KSA.