Cheese.Switzerland is a land of wonderful cheeses but has no cheddar

Just wondering what cheese is closest to aged cheddar since it does not exist in Switzerland. With so many varieties I am hoping someone can tell me which type is similar.

Just having a craving for a baked potato with lots of melted cheddar and sour cream......

Thanks!
Carlotta

Hi there --

There is Cheddar cheeses sold a couple places. 1. there is Cathedral City Cheddar sold at larger Migros stores.  2. there is cheddar cheese sold at the cheese counter in larger Coop stores. 3. there is the "British Cheese Shop" in Rapperswil, which has a stand at the international market on Wednesday in the Zurich Hauptbahnhof, and 4. the Mexican store El Maiz sells shredded cheddar cheese in bags at their store on Josefstrasse in Zurich.

Hope that helps!!

I had a similar craving recently and went for the Cathedral City Cheddar - made some delicious cheese on toast! :)

Hi, I sell 4 or 5 authentic English and Scottish cheddars at the Viadukt Markthalle on Limmatstrasse in Zurich (I also have the cheese stall at the Zurich HB Wednesday market mentioned below)