HELP !!

Hi all. Advice needed. I am a nurse living/working in the UK but wanting to move to Malta with my 10 yr old.

Where do i start???

So much to think about - job, housing, schooling!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Annie

Hi Annie,

welcome to the forum.

There is a lot of information about all the questions you asked. Just browse through work,schooling, cost of living and all the other sections. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for but feel free to ask anything that is not answered or if you need more details.

Just one question? Why are you thinking of moving to Malta?

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks Ricky - i will have a look.

Always loved Malta and think the quality of life would be better over there.

Hiya Annie,

welcome to the forum and I totally agree with Ricky.. there is lots of info on here and if you cannot find what you need then just ask and we will find it for you.

Remember working and living here isnt the same as a holiay ;)

Julian

Hi Annie,

there was a recent post by a nurse from the UK with a job offer of around 14000 €/year.

In my opinion that could be on the low end to secure a good quality life in Malta if you are on your own with a 10 year child.
You will probably be paying around 400 € rent/month,100 € or more electricity + phone/internet/tv, schooling can be a cost factor even at a public school.

As scuba says coming on a vacation and living here are two different things.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky
Chhetri here.
as you know that im trying to bring my wife here in melta. so for that process i need all documents. but the document Proof of accommodation. how can i get from where i can get this document?
please advice me.
i need to make all those document which is number wise below.
FAMILY REUNION VISA
1. Application Form duly filled in and signed by the applicant.
2. Two recent passport size photographs in colour with white background (3.5cm by 4.5cm). Please do not staple the photographs to the application form.
3. Passport/Travel document must:
a) Have a validity of at least 3 months after the intended stay;
b) Have been issued within the previous 10 years and the validity must not exceed 10 years; and
c) Have 2 blank pages.
4. Photocopy of all Passport pages.
5. Photocopy of all Passport Pages of person residing in Malta.
6. Photocopy of the Residence Permit.
7. Certified copies of original documents of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate and other relevant documentation from Municipal Authority.
8. Proof of sufficient economic means to cover all expenses during the stay in Malta, including copy of bank letter, current bank statement for the last three months and tax return.
9. Proof of accommodation.
10. Travel Itinerary with travel dates, including a return flight reservation or ticket
11. Overseas travel medical insurance valid for all Schengen countries. The insurance has to cover the applicant for at least 30,000 Euros or equivalent, for all risks e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency, evacuation etc. The policy has to clearly specify the period of validity and has to cover the entire duration of the trip including the date of arrival and departure.
NOTE: The High Commission reserves the right to request further documentation. Original Documents must be presented during the personal interview with the visa officer.
please help me if you know regarding this case
thank you ricky
chhetri

Hi chhetri,

please try to stick to one thread with your ongoing issue of family reunion.

You will have to show that you have accomodation regarded as 'normal' under Maltese standards! For a married couple that would probably be a one bed-room appartment with kitchen/living/dining room.Proof would be a rental contract under your name for a future period of time for a qualifying appartment or house.

Your income will have to be more than 13.896 € X 1.2 = 16.675 €/year for a married couple.

Passport issues should not be a problem but you will need to look into the health insurance for your wife.

Cheers
Ricky

Mr.Ricky
thankx a lot for ur adivce.
but i still confused i couldnt understand what do u mean
Your income will have to be more than 13.896 € X 1.2 = 16.675 €/year for a married couple? would you please make it clear?
thank you very very much..
chhetri

Hi chhetri,

I quote from the government information note:

The sponsor, that is, the third country national who applies for family reunification, shall enjoy such right only if he/she:

o has reasonable prospects of permanent residence in Malta;

o has accommodation regarded as normal for a comparable family in Malta;

o [b]has stable and regular resources which would be the equivalent of the average wage (in 2009 approximately €13,896)in Malta, with an additional 20% of the said average wage for each member of the family.

The family members concerned shall not be allowed to join the sponsor unless the latter has resided for a minimum period of two
years in Malta.[/b]

It appears that what you are talking about is the regular 3 months visitor  visa for your wife meaning that she would have to return on the return flight ticket within 3 months and not the familiy reunification visa that would allow her to live with you.

If this is the case then you do not need the income quoted but proof of the economic means to support her for the 3 months in Malta.

You should check out which visa you are considering as you gave the impression that you want your wife to move to Malta for longer than just the 3 months given to a tourist.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks!

I have booked to come over for a week next week just to see how my son feels about it.

If he likes; we'll have to come over more often; before making our decision.

Annie

ricky wrote:

Hi Annie,

there was a recent post by a nurse from the UK with a job offer of around 14000 €/year.

In my opinion that could be on the low end to secure a good quality life in Malta if you are on your own with a 10 year child.
You will probably be paying around 400 € rent/month,100 € or more electricity + phone/internet/tv, schooling can be a cost factor even at a public school.

As scuba says coming on a vacation and living here are two different things.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Annie,

I wish you both a good trip over. Let us know when you are here and we can get together if you want, especially if you are staying in the Sliema/St.Julians area.

Just make sure that your son doesn't get taken away by the sea and nice weather. Working or going to school in Malta is something completely different from coming to visit. I don't think there is any way to simulate the reality during a short vist.

Cheers and Happy Easter
Ricky

Thanks Ricky

We are staying in Mellieha Bay but will be visting many places.
It would be good to chat to someone already there. I realise this week will just be a tiny, tiny insight but he has never been before. The start of a big journey in think!

Annie

ricky wrote:

Hi Annie,

I wish you both a good trip over. Let us know when you are here and we can get together if you want, especially if you are staying in the Sliema/St.Julians area.

Just make sure that your son doesn't get taken away by the sea and nice weather. Working or going to school in Malta is something completely different from coming to visit. I don't think there is any way to simulate the reality during a short vist.

Cheers and Happy Easter
Ricky

Mellieha is indeed a lovely village and benefits from one of the best if not the best beach on the island....we have been here for four years now and just love it...enjoy....see as much as you can. meet as many people as you can too..get as many views as possible as we are all different and are here for all sorts of reasons.

Thank you - i intend on dragging my boy all over! :)
Aiming to get a variety of views with regard to work/lifestyle.

Annie x

toonarmy9752 wrote:

Mellieha is indeed a lovely village and benefits from one of the best if not the best beach on the island....we have been here for four years now and just love it...enjoy....see as much as you can. meet as many people as you can too..get as many views as possible as we are all different and are here for all sorts of reasons.

Hi Annie,

I have recently moved to Malta and I am a nurse. The registration process here for EU nurses can take up to 6months to process. So maybe make start on that while you are making the decision to move. There are some jobs here especially in private hospitals but the pay scales are much lower than in the UK as stated above. (E14,000-19,000 across public and private sectors).

Hope this helps a little bit.
Good luck.

Thank you so much for that! It's knowing where to start! Are you working?
Annie x

claire2 wrote:

Hi Annie,

I have recently moved to Malta and I am a nurse. The registration process here for EU nurses can take up to 6months to process. So maybe make start on that while you are making the decision to move. There are some jobs here especially in private hospitals but the pay scales are much lower than in the UK as stated above. (E14,000-19,000 across public and private sectors).

Hope this helps a little bit.
Good luck.