Belize rental units - May

Hello- we may be heading your way soon ( Belize ) and staying for at least a month - maybe forever - will start with a month . PLACENCIA area preferred at this point ( have never been to Belize ) and a rental budget of 600 or 700 ish per month - any info on the following places would be appreciated : ALLEYS GUEST HOUSE ; CAROLS CABINS ; LAGOON FRONT ( something or other )..or do you know of some place similar in this area . Thanks in advance....Dan:)

try maya sunset rentals

Dan, if you are on Facebook, request to join the group "Placencia Classifieds".  It's an active group, and rental homes/units are posted there off and on.  You could also post your query there as folks who have a place to rent might be reading. 

I also recommend Casa Placencia, which you can google.  We spent three nights there on a recent visit, and liked it very much.  We just had a room, but for a stay of a week or more, she has a 1 BR apartment (and a 2 BR) if available when you'll be visiting.  Jacki (the owner) is very friendly and super knowledgeable about all things Placencia.

Good luck!  Placencia is a lovely place!

If you choose to stay in the San Ignacio area, we have rentals at rainforestrealty.net

Dan, Red Roof Property Management leases homes in the Cayo District, short or long term. Email me if you decide to head this way. [email protected]. Good luck! Sharon Hiebing

Could someone let me know of any web sites for rentals in Corozal?

Hi jerry reid > please note that this is an old thread. I invite you to start a new topic on the the Belize forum.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

go on FB, contact the local realtors, go to National hardware and look at what is pasted on the window.   talk to people from the womans club, go to the chiropractor and talk with the people in the waiting room.   talk to the taxi men.   the best way to get a rntal is to come here, stay at one of the less expensive places in town, then just talk to people.    It will cost a lot less .   We found our rental while in Pattys having lunch where we met a missionary who told us about some he knew about.   We pay $550 belize for 2 br, 1 bath with hot water in the bathroom & laundry.

Hi Jerry,

You might also want to try looking at

century21belize.com/

Eleanor Williams  is the Corozal agent. They have some rentals on the books. You won't necessarily get the best deals, but it will give you an idea of the rental market, that is not tourist based ie charging a daily rate. She does have some nice places on 3-6 month leases.  She is the property manager on the place I'm staying in.

You may want to book yourself into something like the Mayan Apts for a month ( not too expensive and centrally located), and as Kris suggested, spend that month walking the streets and talking to people -  to find a more  permanent option.

Thanks Nichi, I will contact her and see what they have to offer. Jerry