Sports in Cayman

Expats and native Caymanians share the pleasures of scuba diving (safety standards are high), snorkeling and fishing - plus running, cycling and most team sports you can think of. NO, not ice-hockey. Be reasonable, sir! Tournaments are regular throughout the year, often with overseas participants.

This is a wonderful environment for children. We came here in 1978 for a three-year stint, and stayed because we could think of no more perfect outdoor life for our son, who was nearly six when our time was up. Parents tell me it's the same now.

Great to hear Gordon.  We were nervous about the kids...if this would be a good environment for them.  Where did you move from?
Thanks in advance.

Hanna13 wrote:

Great to hear Gordon.  We were nervous about the kids...if this would be a good environment for them.  Where did you move from?

Well, we came here 36 years ago from England. But all parents we speak to say it's just the same for kids of all ages. It doesn't really matter how old yours are, or how they like to occupy themselves. It's a great life for all. (If you read my blog, you'll see that I am very critical about some of the things that happen here, but I can't say anything against the comfort of life!)

Hanna13 wrote:

Great to hear Gordon.  We were nervous about the kids...if this would be a good environment for them.  Where did you move from? Thanks in advance.

Hanna. I'm wondering if you ever made it here.