Hotel suggestions

Hi dudes and dudette.

I'm Fred and I'm an expat but in sunny Indonesia, not Singapore.
However, mummy and niece intend to pop over to see us but fancy the good old Chinese state rather than Indonesian that they think is in a state.
That in mind, we need hotels.
Not mega fancy hotels, more middle of the road. Nice, clean but I'm not into paying daft money per night.
I've never been to Sing but I'm told it's a pretty classy place.

We need:
Single, twin or double rooms.
A restaurant in the place where we can get a reasonable breakfast (English food would be a bonus - Mum has never been outside Europe)
Maybe a small pool but not a killer if it doesn't have one.
Not in the red light area wherever that may turn out to be.

Where I live
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

hi,

accommodation can be really steep. middle of the road with pool and continental breakfast, we are probably talking ard 200+ dollars per night.
check out tripadvisor you can get pretty good deals.

the holiday inns aren't bad. lots of options in the city close to malls (bugis/orchard vicinity) - landmark village/albert court/novotel @clarke quay/ intercontinental / m hotel or concorde.

cheaper options ard 130-150 wouldn't usually come with breakfast nor will have pools. no breakfast isn't a deal breaker, you usually don't have to go very far to get local food options.

I'm from Yorkshire and we aren't known for spending big chunks of cash on things we don't really need.
US$200 is well OTT.
I'll try your suggestion - Cheers.

probably should have been clearer, the prices are in SGD, around 15% off the USD Dollar.

My fault. I'm so used to $ here meaning US$, I forgot Sing has its own.
My wife has. Suggested an arpartment maay be a soluttion.

Sad to say, serviced apartments are also over the top most of the time with full hotel facilities and usually minimum stay is a week or so. looks like you'll need at least a 3-bedder, i'd say roughly sgd 3500-4000/week minimum.

the other solution is to browse locanto or craiglist to find home owners renting on short term.

You might also want to check out sites like airbnb.com and wimdu.com. You might get some good deals there.

Cheers,
Porus

ruddy24 wrote:

the other solution is to browse locanto or craiglist to find home owners renting on short term.

Please keep in mind that this is illegal (i.e. renting out rooms to foreigners without residence permit if you'r not a hotel or serviced appartment) - breaking any rule in Singapore is NOT a good idea and should be avoided.

By the way: Singapore is not a Chinese state!