Online shoping in nairobi

hi
i am moving to nairobi in few months.if anyone can tell me about any store having website so i can view some prices online.or if anyone can give some idea about grocery prices and furniture and also how much amount is needed min to furnish a 2 bedroom appartment

hi,

There are actually no supermarkets with full online shopping available but most are currently developing their websites.

You can have look at the following where they have listed a few products as a guide to how much things cost but some websites are still work in progress and not live yet.

nakumatt.co.ke (still under testing since last yr so not sure if the prices shown are current)

naivas.co.ke (say they are having maintenance)

tuskys.com ( have a list of items but no prices)

chandaranasupermarkets.co.ke ( no pricing on products but they ask you to call for pricing)

uchumi.com ( few items listed and not sure pricing is correct so much to go by)

Supermarkets have not really gone out of their way to put the prices on their products even if they have an online shopping tab.

Grocery prices vary depending on where you shop. You can spend anything from $0.50 for 400g of bread if you shop at a any of the supermarkets above to over $1 if you go to a bakery. Milk from $0.50 for half a litre.  you would need to have a list of the items you want to buy in terms of groceries so as to advise accordingly.

To furnish a 2 bed apartment also depends if you are buying all new furniture or you can get part furnished/fully furnished accommodation or buying second hand.

If you are here for a short period, you are better off with fully furnished but if you prefer to have your own furniture it will also vary. Expat.com normally has ads on furniture and household appliances. it can give you some idea. Dealfish.co.ke is also a good place to look for furniture as you will find both used and new furniture. also expatlink.info has furniture ads amongst other things. Other furniture sites with pricing:

furniturepalacekenya.com

oddskenya.com

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct