Some questions about immigrating

Hi there. I'm a 29-year-old British editor wanting to make a new life in Sydney. I currently live in Hong Kong.

The trouble is that I can't make up the points for the Skilled Independent Migrant visa and have no relatives in Oz.

I'm thinking that my only practical course of action is as follows: apply for a working holiday visa, go to Sydney, find an employer willing to sponsor me for a work visa and transfer to that, sponsor my wife and bring her over. My understanding is that transferring from a working holiday visa to a work visa is easy and does not involve leaving the country.

1    Are there any other routes open to me?

2    Has anyone attempted the plan I've outlined above?

3    Is the plan feasible with regards to getting a job/sponsorship? I've heard that sponsoring work visas can be onerous for employers.

4    If I do get sponsored for a work visa, which visa am I likely to get?

I would appreciate any feedback as I'm somewhat dreading the process of moving country again, especially with so much uncertainty involved.

Many thanks, Ben

Ben66 wrote:

Hi there. I'm a 29-year-old British editor wanting to make a new life in Sydney. I currently live in Hong Kong.

The trouble is that I can't make up the points for the Skilled Independent Migrant visa and have no relatives in Oz.

I'm thinking that my only practical course of action is as follows: apply for a working holiday visa, go to Sydney, find an employer willing to sponsor me for a work visa and transfer to that, sponsor my wife and bring her over. My understanding is that transferring from a working holiday visa to a work visa is easy and does not involve leaving the country.

1    Are there any other routes open to me?

2    Has anyone attempted the plan I've outlined above?

3    Is the plan feasible with regards to getting a job/sponsorship? I've heard that sponsoring work visas can be onerous for employers.

4    If I do get sponsored for a work visa, which visa am I likely to get?

I would appreciate any feedback as I'm somewhat dreading the process of moving country again, especially with so much uncertainty involved.

Many thanks, Ben

hi Ben ,do what the 100000 indian ,,students " do.. enrol in a fictitious course and then apply for residency..too easy !!

Hi,

you should have a look to the Australia expat guide, in particular the visa Australia section ;)

Hope this helps!

Do what I did and get some professional migration help. I bought a consulatation and the migration agent told me exactly what to do. Otherwise you are guessing and using rumours from blogs. The guys I used are good and they got me full residence. dnamigration.com  I hope this helps you