Working Visa - Help

We're looking to relocate from the UK to KL this year, and I need a bit of advice re a working visa for my husband. He's currently employed in the UK but the compeny he works for have business dealings in Malaysia and need him to work in Malaysia for the foreseeable future. They used to have a local representative working for them but are having difficulty in replacing the role hence my husband potentially taking up the position.

What I need to know is because my husbands company don't have a registered business address in KL, how would he go about applying for a working visa.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Surely the company he works for should arrange this.

please,I want to know when the Easter Holidays for International School in KL Fairview school.

Thanks.

Hi zerga,

You are off topic here.. Please start a new topic with your question on the Kuala Lumpur forum. Thank you.

whybirda wrote:

We're looking to relocate from the UK to KL this year, and I need a bit of advice re a working visa for my husband. He's currently employed in the UK but the compeny he works for have business dealings in Malaysia and need him to work in Malaysia for the foreseeable future. They used to have a local representative working for them but are having difficulty in replacing the role hence my husband potentially taking up the position.

What I need to know is because my husbands company don't have a registered business address in KL, how would he go about applying for a working visa.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Hi whybirda,

I definitely think your husband's company should be sorting this out for him. As far as I understand it, you can't get a work permit unless a company in Malaysia 'sponsors' you. There are probably immigration consultancies that you could talk to as well who might be able to help, perhaps there is some loophole around the fact that your husband's company isn't based in Malaysia.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Cheers,

It is becoming increasingly more difficult to obtain work permits for foreign workers in Malaysia.The skills you are offering have to be beyond the local capability.In other words,they prefer to employ local labour.

From my experience, it is Not really difficult to gain work permit in Malaysia although you dont have a special skills compared with local people.I have the contact can help you to do the work permit and is trustable because i was working under work permit before and i didnt have any special skill nor special knowledge. Please pm me if you are keen to get the contact number of the above-referred agency company.

I strongly advice you not to use any agency/
In order to work in Malaysia there must be a company/company employ people.
Your husbands company in England should have office or if it is not office he might work from home/very hard to guess what type of business your husbands British based company involved.
local representativeness work for them before, you say/so your husband just replace that representativeness.
But as you probably know immigration will not gave visa if that particular job can be fulfilled by locals.
Try not to learn hard way not to involve with agents.

It's simple.

No local business = no employment pass = cannot work here

Any agents saying otherwise can get you a nice comfy jail cell :lol:

All sorted now thanks

kindly send me the contact number of the concerned person dealing with work permits.thank u

@umber786 > this is an old thread [2011]

Hi Gaezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I recommend getting in touch with the British High commission here.  They should be able to give you all of the info you need.  Remember, we are 7 hours ahead of you.

British High Commission Kuala Lumpur

185 Jalan Ampang

Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Switchboard Telephone +6 03 2170 2200

Switchboard Fax +6 03 2170 2370

Opening hours:
Monday to Thursday, 8.00am to 12.30pm and 1.15pm to 4.30pm
Friday: 8.00am to 12.30pm

Nov1990 = so are you involved with legal or illegal permits?

Can you give me the number for that agent of yours? Thanks, well heres my email

[email protected] or my wechat: akds9493

you can send to these contacts, thanks a lot :)