Getting married in Ethiopia

If anyone is a U.S. citizen and is either already married to or who plans to marry a Ethiopian citizen in Ethiopia and need help with the yellow card process, then let me know.  This particular process has to do with your STATE issued U.S. birth certificate and the required Authentication attachments which can only be taken care of from here in America.  There are various levels of authentication that you will need to obtain prior to your arrival in Ethiopia for the purpose of applying for a yellow card.  The information I have will save you disappointment in arriving in Ethiopia with the expectations of getting a yellow card, only to be told that your birth certificate is not authenticated.  And NO you can NOT simply take your birth certificate to the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia to have it authenticated.  This authentication process WILL ABSOLUTELY seem very confusing to you until you have someone who can easily break down the step by step formula, in laymen terms to you.  After which your understanding of authentications and exactly what you need to do will be clear.

[Moderated] I had fooled by an Ethiopian girl. Not only me I heard many conditions like this. While you are separating you will face alot problems.

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : Do not generalise please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey everyone,

I was recently married in Australia to my Ethiopian husband. We are going back to live in Ethiopia soon. When can I be entitled to a yellow card? What documents must I take to the government office? Is it easier to just get married again?

I need help please ***

Moderated by Naomi 9 months ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details for security reasons.Please exchange them in private messages.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sorry that you met this unpleasant situation.  Scams come in all forms and shapes.  Gentlemen beware,   when street prostitution becomes high risk, meaning  the prostitutes likelihood of being arrested, then they turn to a more subtle form (via sham marriages).  These terrible ladies know what they are doing, but you the  "groom" victim have no idea.  If you want to learn more about the marriage-prostitution syndicate through sham marriages, google Russian brides/mail order fiancees.  Your abusers may have been Ethiopian based, but there is too much fraud going on in the world of dating and marriage these days.  The only difference between the Russian bride mafia and the Ethiopian prostitutes is that the latter have not yet caught on the sophistication of using the internet to market fake brides that will milk your entire savings dry,  before you become the next victim of a black widow.  Men, be careful, not all that glitters is gold.  The love of money is the root of all evil.  Get a local girl you have a chance to meet in "normal conditions"  and be content. Thanks.

Need info on process to attaining legal permanent resident status

What if you are a naturalized citizen of USA married to an Ethiopian for more than three years, seeking a yellow card?

@Tominar.I am a native Ethiopian woman and that is the most wrong review i ever came across.Just cause u loved and married the wrong woman,which by the way says more about your taste in women than Ethiopian women,it doesn't give you neither the liberty nor the knowledge to say what you just said about Ethiopian women.You couldn't be more wrong about EVERYTHING u wrote.
First you said you dont even need to dress up for the wedding ceremony.INCORRECT.Ethiopian weddings are done real big as they are recognized as important events.UR WIFE SIMPLY DIDN'T WANT ONE.
second you said u let her fill the paper work and it came out wrong.UR WIFE WAS PROLLY LESS THAN SMART.OR MAYBE SHE DIDN'T KNOW UR NAME PROPERLY.Cause this marriage didnt seem like one of love.
N last ure not financially responsible for anyone other than ur wife just like the rest of the world.
Ethiopian woman are nothing like the rubbish you described.

If you are a single white man/woman living in Ethiopia, it wouldn't even be necessary to have this discussion about marriage. Ethiopians will queue for you to start a relationship with the "ferengi". On Monday you can have one, and on Tuesday another one.

Hello everyone,

Please note that this thread is from 2012, however your feedbacks are welcomed but try to focus on the essentials of post #1, the formalities.

Thank you in advance,

Hi This Silver

This topic is interesting
I live in Europe for a while now, and I have seen men and women taken for advantage in foreign relationship, what I know is just us...we fail to see the warning signs...u know when u feel the kind of love that blots out all bad and just reveals all the good... Thats what happens...I met a nice Ethiopian man... I like him a lot...but this time I just getting to know him...

Did you managed with finding the Ethiopian man?

It is just easy to handle and all  Ethiopians feel happy on someones wedding and love to participate and celebrate the occasion.........

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
By shailendra4u
Finding Marriage Certificates in Ethiopia
By MMG100
Legal process of marrying in Ethiopia
By Nevena111
Working and Living in Ethiopia
By Muj28

Expatriate health insurance in Ethiopia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ethiopia

Moving to Ethiopia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ethiopia

Travel insurance in Ethiopia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ethiopia

Flights to Ethiopia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ethiopia