English speaking jobs in Denmark

ThisGirlSaysOw wrote:

It depends very much on you.  My English husband found (and often still finds) the pronunciation quite hard, but the grammar fairly simple.  Danish grammar is often quite similar to English or Old English, but it's not at all pronounced how it's spelled, and has vowel and consonant sounds that we don't really use in English.  Most people find it quite difficult to learn unless they also know a similar language (like one of the other Scandinavian languages, or Dutch, or German).

ryt. I wish to learn it fast. unfortunate mine here in Pakistan no one is teaching danish. :(
thanks any ways. soon I will be in Aalbrog and I hope I will get more and more suggetion from you.

i need job can you advice me

it depends on your credentials. what you are and what you do.

so how can i get intouch with u so that u can help me came over there.just let me have the "invitation letter then i will do the rest my self okay.contact me through 00241.04.29.96.42 and let me know names of campany that need works u can still with me through [email protected]

i am called ndolo walters looking for a better place in europe or asia to look for work.study and have a degree teachers english language and also did hotel management.and any other ought job around.

i  want   find  any  job  in  copenhagen  i  know  lidt  danish  and  lidt  english  thanks

about graphic design??

Hi everyone , I am VG from India. Planning to move my base to Denmark . I have 11 years experience in Management. I work visa in hand and planing to travel with in a month, the only apprehension i have about moving out to Denmark is Danish language. Can anyone kindly advice me the current job market for only English speaking professionals (no danish language knowledge).

Looking forward for you advice and support

Anyone have an idea that which city is best for new immigrants in denmark in terms of  good job perspective and cheap living expenses...

Put quite simply, there is no such thing as cheap living expenses in Denmark unless you are comparing it to cities such as London or Paris where the rent is far far higher.

In terms of job prospects, it is very tough to get work - even if you are highly educated and experienced - at the moment. It is not impossible, but it is definitely not easy. Denmark is not excluded from the European crisis at the moment - the unemployment rate is at the highest it has ever been.

I would urge anyone thinking about moving over to research their desired job field here like crazy before buying that plane ticket. There are jobs that require fluent English however these are few and far between at the moment, depending on your background. If you are experienced in marketing then you will be at a higher advantage to a lot of people as these companies are international.

Research on these websites:
jobindex.dk
jobzonen.dk
jobsincopenhagen.com
linkedin.com
worktrotter.dk

I am in no way trying to deter anyone from moving over, if that is definitely what you all want, but I just really would encourage a LOT of research before the move. I was very lucky in that my husband and I could live off his wage whilst I job hunted but not everyone has that luxury.

Please do consider me for Information technology job related to Java developer.willing to work in this country

Hej Dicania,

I have read with much concern what you have written as regards :
"If you are experienced in marketing then you will be at a higher advantage to a lot of people as these companies are international."

I have worked with Marketing and sales in Mauritius for more than 15 years and I have sent over 400 job applications to international companies or import and export etc with no success whatsoever. I have registered in many jobsites etc without any success. I would really like to get some advice from you. I am more than discouraged. I am completing Danish Education 2 by December hopefully but I will not master the Danish Language before many years to come if ever! I am fluent in both English and French.Det er ikke så godt for mig i Danmark! Jeg vil gerne have et fast arbejde...

Hope to read more from you.Tak for hjælp!Jeg bor i Sydfyn.

Happy  Sankt Hans!

MVH

Saloni

Hi,

I have no idea about the job situation in Fyn as I am based in Copenhagen but if jobs are thin on the ground in the capital city then I am assuming it to be similar where you are.

As you correctly point out, I wrote that if you work in marketing you are at a higher advantage - note that I do not say that it is easy to get a marketing job because I know all too well that it is not easy. Easier, but definitely not easy. It took me seven months of searching. I applied for lots of jobs and got just four interviews. One job I applied for received 200 applicants.

What else are you doing besides registering on the job sites? Job sites were only a small part of my search. Networking also formed a part of this too - whether this was at organised events, language school, LinkedIn discussions, I was always trying to make connections. Via these connections I found out about career fairs and company open days too. Of course, this is not a guarantee to a job - nothing is.

Make sure that your LinkedIn profile is up to date, join Denmark based marketing groups, partake in discussions (you can get connections this way), get out to expat events and talk to people about professional matters - you never know who you might meet. I don't know what is available in Fyn but in Copenhagen there is a lot of career advice available to expats. Check to see what's available with your kommune. Also check out http://www.expatindenmark.com/Events/Pages/default.aspx as they sometimes have career events listed here.

If you have 15 years of experience, could you not try to freelance? One thing that Denmark is good for is entrepeneurs and so there are a few start ups who may be able to use a freelance marketer if they cannot afford to hire somebody full time. This is something I was considering before I got my current job. Again, it will not be easier but you have nothing to lose.

Lastly, try and keep a positive attitude. It is easy to get discouraged but if you let that feeling take over then you will go round in a vicious circle. I never ever stopped trying and always tried to find new ways to network, new career events, etc. I wrote about it in this blog post here (scroll down to the 'LinkedIn' header for the advice that I have written).

Hello zourgani,

Kindly note that it's the English version of the Denmark forum.
Could you please stick to the English language? :)

Thank you,
Pravin.

Non merci .Ce qu'on est ailleurs n'est pas forcément intéressant pour le Danemark!Je suis un peu déçue du genre de conversation ici car moi je n'y suis pas du tout pour ce genre d'approche.

Hi zourgani,

As per the DENMARK FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT could you please post in English so that everyone can understand and participate?

Thanks for understanding.
Armand

I was only lucky in that my husband could support both of us whilst I was job hunting and learning Danish. If he could not have done so there is absolutely no way I would have moved over when I did.

Der kun dansker der påstår at dansk er et svært sprog at lære. Hvis man kan tale englesk f. eks, er dansk ikke særlig svær. Hvis man vil, kan man lære det meget hurtigt.

Only Danes seem to think that the Danish language is difficult. If one can speak English, amongst others, Danish is not that hard to learn. It's a question of how badly you want to do it.

Hi jamaicelt,

Please post in the English only on the Anglophone forum, so that other members can read your post.

Thank you,

David.

hello everyone ,
                              i am yashveer . i am try to moving in denmark feb 2014 .  i dont have any friend or something there to give me for few days Accomodation nd to find a one room for rent if someone can help me so please ,

hELLO !

Hello everybody once again , Any one online

Hello I am AYVID .

I want to move to Denmark under GC scheme,I just want to know the scenario of jobs in Marketing, and also after getting visa is it mandatory to get a job in 3 months, or my CPR no will not be registered ,which leads to No
validity first 3 year Visa, I am just checking with u guys, so that I may not be cheated by the greedy agents

Hello Dicania! Can u share your experience and living in Denmark

[Moderated: pls avoid multiple posting]

Hi. I have same probelm. I'm from Estonia and I really would love to move to Copenhagen, but I need a job as well. I would like to have some cleanng job, maybe someone know some people from hotels or something like that. I have sent hundreds of applications, but haven't get any positive answer yet.

Hi annuannuP,

Have you already tried the Jobs in Copenhagen section? It might help :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi!

Yes, I'we checked pretty much everything what I'we found on the internet, but nothing. Most of them has said no of course, probably because that I don't spean Danish. That's why I try to find some person who might help me in the beinning, where I would manage only with English.

Anu.

Absolutely true Danish language isn't as easy as people here are saying
Pronunciation is different from  written but as the saying goes whatever you put your mind to do no matter what the obstacles you will be able to achieve.
Another thing,they have different accent,eg someone leaving in Copenhagen is different as well as someone living in Holstebro or struer so all depends on you.

Hello Steppy,
My name is Satvik patel. I am from India. I am planning to come to Denmark. I am civil engineer. I want to know that from where or from which source you have started learning Danish language remotely. It will be very helpful to me to come there with basic knowledge of Danish language as it is required there for beginners to start job initially.

Waiting for your positive reply.
Thank you so much for your support.

I am interested in work . My name is Isus ,and i look for jobs of any kind. 
I'm 20 years old without experience at all ,i speak Deutch and English.
Please contact me in case you have an a offer for me.
                    Limited employment or more. 
                                 Thanks , Isus.

Hi to everyone,

If you are looking for a job, i invite you to post an advert in the jobs in Denmark section.

I close this topic as it is an old thread.

Thank you.

Closed