Close

Getting married in Morocco

Shukran!

Congratulations. I pray inshaaAllah all goes well for you. Which city will you be getting married in and when?

Thanks for letting us know. That's such a shame though as it eould have saved so much time and running around in morocco.

Thats so annoying :(

I apologize if this question has been answered before. I'm a non Muslim man wishing to marry a Muslim Moroccan woman. I don't intend to convert to Islam. Will I still be able to get married in Morocco?

Shay006 :

I apologize if this question has been answered before. I'm a non Muslim man wishing to marry a Muslim Moroccan woman. I don't intend to convert to Islam. Will I still be able to get married in Morocco?

Hello

No you won't be allowed to marry a Muslim woman in Morrocco if you are not a Muslim. It's against Moroccan law. When people convert to Islam, solely for the reason of marrying a Moroccan woman I don't think this will be accepted either because both the police and the adul have to give approval and this involves lots of questions about the mans knowledge and practice of Islam

Thank you

I am a filipino women a christian i will convert to muslim and get married to morrocan men what papers should i bring in morroco?

It is important to work with the Woman's family.There is similarities between family.  The important
step is to speak to the Father and Brothers to get the approval and proceed from there. The proceedings that I have experience is a long formal process for paperwork.  Make sure to have
a birth certificate that is freshly stamped with raised stamp (3 Months or less) and
any papers if you are divorces.  In addition, you will need tax papers to show proof of income.
In my case I was an American and met my wife and dated.  I will travel to Morocco to complete the
process and go back to home in America.  Papers for the spouse will need to be notarized and submitted. (Birth Certificate, Passport, and family approval)

Hi trking1

When you say parents approval is required, do you mean for the moroccan spouse?

I am a british muslim female who will be travelling to morocco to marry a moroccan muslim man. Would i still need to submit written approval from my family?

Or is this only required if one member is non-muslim?

Hi,
I would like to know the requirement of marriage(Muslim Marriage) for a male(Non Moroccan) and female(Non Moroccan as well).......both Muslims.
Can you assist me on what is needed so that marriage can happen?
Thank you,

Hello.
I would like to know what  document are needed for a man to convert to islam? How long it takes to get that document from the adoul?
Also I would like to know what document are needed to get criminal records from rabat?  birth certificate and passport? Or just passport?
Please help me because me and my fiancé need maximum information because we are getting married soon.

Hello
I'm not sure about conversion to Islam as I stayed as a Christian but the criminal record as far as I can remember it was passport and birth certificate, and the last date of entry to morocco. Either way make sure your partner has these and lots of copies if you have any questions feel free to inbox me personally

Hello
I'm not sure about conversion to Islam as I stayed as a Christian but the criminal record as far as I can remember it was passport and birth certificate, and the last date of entry to morocco. Either way make sure your partner has these and lots of copies if you have any questions feel free to inbox me personally

Hello, not sure if this has been asked before but i want to marry my moroccan fiancè, i am non religious, not atheist just non religious, i was never baptised or anything, nobody in my immediate family practices religion. We'd love to get married in morocco but is it even possible if im non religious? Because i believe only those who follow islam, christianity or judaism can marry a muslim, is this true? If so does that mean there are other options for me to marry him? Ive read about civil marriages like in Turkey or even Australia (where im from), but even if we got a civil marriage i intend to live in Morocco and those who have applied for a residency card through marriage have had to submit an islamic marriage certificate, can i get one of those if civil marriage? Is there a way i can marry him in Morocco or even after a civil marriage , live in morocco? I could convert to a religion, but i would rather not as i think its wrong pretending to follow a religion just for the sake of marriage. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Bep13 :

Hello, not sure if this has been asked before but i want to marry my moroccan fiancè, i am non religious, not atheist just non religious, i was never baptised or anything, nobody in my immediate family practices religion. We'd love to get married in morocco but is it even possible if im non religious? Because i believe only those who follow islam, christianity or judaism can marry a muslim, is this true? If so does that mean there are other options for me to marry him? Ive read about civil marriages like in Turkey or even Australia (where im from), but even if we got a civil marriage i intend to live in Morocco and those who have applied for a residency card through marriage have had to submit an islamic marriage certificate, can i get one of those if civil marriage? Is there a way i can marry him in Morocco or even after a civil marriage , live in morocco? I could convert to a religion, but i would rather not as i think its wrong pretending to follow a religion just for the sake of marriage. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Hello

You couldn’t get married in Morocco to a Muslim man unless you are Muslim, Christian or Jewish. You would have to prove your religion when completing the marriage. I had to prove I was Muslim, a conversation certificate wasn’t accepted (although still required) and the adul asked another questions that it would be getting on impossible to decive. The police also have to give approval and ask about your Islam. If you got a civil marriage outside of Morocco i don’t think this would be acceptable for residency. It might get you booked into a hotel in Morocco (if either the man or the woman has a Muslim name a marriage certificate is needed to book into hotels) but I think residency would be different

My advice is have a genuine, open minded look into Islam. Best place to start is the biography of Prophet Mohammed. That might open up a lot of closed doors

Thank you for replying to me.
Do you think conversion to christianity or judaism would have the same questions asked as well as? If i converted to them would the definitely be as accepted as islam?
Thank you

Yes I am an Indian and I am engaged to a Moroccan girl and wish to marry her soon insha Allah

I am a British Muslim Male, looking to find a wife from Morocco with a view of coming back to UK with her. I have no idea where to start in my quest. Advice welcome

I would advise you to visit Morocco once know the culture and place people are very friendly Moroccan girls choose their own spouse if you like someone you can approach with your proposal and if she likes you too then she would ask you to meet her parents and talk further I wish you all the best

Hi
I need some advise I came to Morocco for marriage after getting engaged 6 months back the girl happened be from a poor family and no is there to care for her and mother so I made all my documents and arrived Morocco to complete the marriage but when I arrived I made all the papers I had to make in Morocco and then applied for the marriage through adoul office in family Court the file was accepted and I went to the police for interview which was cleared positively by this time I had transfers 100000 mad in the girls account as she wanted me to live in Morocco after marriage but just for a very simple argument she called the adoul office and asked to stop the file for marriage I waited for sometime and then I got a proposal from another girl for marriage can I submit the same papers again or I have to go back to my country make all the papers again and then come back and as per the format of the capacity of marriage certificate the name of the girl and her passport number is mentioned will it be accepted if I submit papers for marrying another girl who has different name please advise

You have to go back to your country, cancel the whole paper work of your first engagement. All papers should be legalised at the notery and stamped and ministry of foreign affairs of both countries. This process can take up to 6 months at minimum or 12 months at maximum. Then you can re apply for the new papers with the new lady.. If you dont return you can't marry the second one and you will end up in a lot of trouble. Good luck

I am going  to get married soon but stuck in Paperwork.

Good luck