Close

Getting married in Morocco

Shukran!

Congratulations. I pray inshaaAllah all goes well for you. Which city will you be getting married in and when?

Thanks for letting us know. That's such a shame though as it eould have saved so much time and running around in morocco.

Thats so annoying :(

I apologize if this question has been answered before. I'm a non Muslim man wishing to marry a Muslim Moroccan woman. I don't intend to convert to Islam. Will I still be able to get married in Morocco?

Shay006 :

I apologize if this question has been answered before. I'm a non Muslim man wishing to marry a Muslim Moroccan woman. I don't intend to convert to Islam. Will I still be able to get married in Morocco?

Hello

No you won't be allowed to marry a Muslim woman in Morrocco if you are not a Muslim. It's against Moroccan law. When people convert to Islam, solely for the reason of marrying a Moroccan woman I don't think this will be accepted either because both the police and the adul have to give approval and this involves lots of questions about the mans knowledge and practice of Islam

Thank you

I am a filipino women a christian i will convert to muslim and get married to morrocan men what papers should i bring in morroco?

It is important to work with the Woman's family.There is similarities between family.  The important
step is to speak to the Father and Brothers to get the approval and proceed from there. The proceedings that I have experience is a long formal process for paperwork.  Make sure to have
a birth certificate that is freshly stamped with raised stamp (3 Months or less) and
any papers if you are divorces.  In addition, you will need tax papers to show proof of income.
In my case I was an American and met my wife and dated.  I will travel to Morocco to complete the
process and go back to home in America.  Papers for the spouse will need to be notarized and submitted. (Birth Certificate, Passport, and family approval)

Hi trking1

When you say parents approval is required, do you mean for the moroccan spouse?

I am a british muslim female who will be travelling to morocco to marry a moroccan muslim man. Would i still need to submit written approval from my family?

Or is this only required if one member is non-muslim?

Hi,
I would like to know the requirement of marriage(Muslim Marriage) for a male(Non Moroccan) and female(Non Moroccan as well).......both Muslims.
Can you assist me on what is needed so that marriage can happen?
Thank you,

I am Indian muslim want to migrate Morocco with my family having three children and want to marry with divorce or widow woman at Morocco any suggestions

Expatriate health insurance in Morocco

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Morocco

Moving to Morocco

Find tips from professionals about moving to Morocco

Travel insurance in Morocco

Enjoy stress-free travel to Morocco