Getting married in Guinea Conakry

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Guinea Conakry or who are about to get married in Guinea Conakry to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Guinea Conakry? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Guinea Conakry)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

Thanks for your contribution fatimagoldcorp!;)

Harmonie.

CA VA -- I am just returning from Guinea, Am planning to go back soon to marry my Fiance . Insha Alla

I am a Guinean, getting married in Guinea is not complicated and we have very cheerful celebrations. But some (not all) Muslim families will require the foreigner to convert to islam (again this is in rare occasions). The overall experience is nice and worth to live it.
Bonne chance!!!

Hello,
I was looking for some more information due to marriage in Ginuea ( you country of origin) that I found this froum. Just registered to be able to write.
In fact, I need to know more about marriage culture between the Muslim people over there.
Thanks,
Artemis

artemis2013.....The right Muslims in Guinea doing right when they told to other people must be convert to the Islam before marriage because its basic rules in the religion.

keep it in your mind

Hi my name is Bogusia i am from Poland and i am in relationship with guinea guy. I want Ask how meany wife can have guinea guy????

A guinean guy, if he is muslim can have 3 wifes. This is usually uncomon with the letterates nowadays but some can still do it. However the first wife to get married with a man at the mayor's office is the official legal wife.

Boguslava, if you are planing to mart him, try to first meet his parents and understand what kind of people they are. If they are oldminded or not, old traditions are still making rules in some families down here. Some will always ask the son to marry a girl of his country even more od his ethny. But still it all depends of the man. If he have enough bulls to stay against his family for your happiness. Some of them even having wifes in Europe , have secretly an other one here sometimes with kids too. But as i say, it all depends of the man, not every men are the same. Wish you two love ,trust and mutual respect. Bud zdarova.

What would the afradavid requirements say please

@laminkevin not all guinean man have 3 wives I am from Guinea raised