Close

Getting married in Romania

Multumesc😊

Hi roseranz we are the same situation im new here.. can i ask something about the visa? Thank you.

Hello, I'm from the Philippines and I'm engaged to my romanian bf and we plan to get married in Romania. What kind of visa should I apply for? Is it short-term visa or long-term visa? Please I would appreciate all the help we can get.thank you.

Meeai :

Hello, I'm from the Philippines and I'm engaged to my romanian bf and we plan to get married in Romania. What kind of visa should I apply for? Is it short-term visa or long-term visa? Please I would appreciate all the help we can get.thank you.

Short term in order to come to Romania to get married (Visit visa), then go home and apply for a long-term (Family Reintegration visa) in order to join your spouse in Romania, if you want to live here.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thank you romaniac 🙂

Meeai :

Hi Meeai! I'm also from Philippines, we're on the same boat. I am interested to know if you were able to apply for the short stay visa and get married in Romania.
Any update along the journey would be greatly appreciated!

Hey all

I am a South African and planning to marry my Romanian fiancé in Beautiful Transalvania Oradea in January

I have read all the other posts regarding paperwork needed etc. 🙂

Now my situation is ...

My fiancé works in Germany, and will this give me problems when I apply for the Family reunification visa ?

I really don't want to have to return to South Africa after the wedding because of funds and apply for the German  family reunification visa (it needs to be done in the home country)
So we decided to apply for the Romanian family reunification visa which will allow me to remain in Romania 😅

Can I travel (stay) with him in Germany if I have the Romanian family reunification visa instead?

(Read about a guy working in Spain but married in Romania, any update or answer would be appreciated)
Multumesc 🙂🙂

Hey ,

Romanian embassy in South Africa said you need a normal tourist (short stay visa) or even Schengen

They don't have a special visa for marriage

SaimaDan :

Hey all

I am a South African and planning to marry my Romanian fiancé in Beautiful Transalvania Oradea in January

Now my situation is ...

My fiancé works in Germany, and will this give me problems when I apply for the Family reunification visa ?

I really don't want to have to return to South Africa after the wedding because of funds and apply for the German  family reunification visa (it needs to be done in the home country)
So we decided to apply for the Romanian family reunification visa which will allow me to remain in Romania 😅

Can I travel (stay) with him in Germany if I have the Romanian family reunification visa instead?

(Read about a guy working in Spain but married in Romania, any update or answer would be appreciated)
Multumesc 🙂🙂

Hello,

I don't know where you heard that you can stay in Romania while you apply for a Family Reunification Visa, but that's incorrect.  Just like Germany, you must return to your home country to apply for it.  You may get married in Romania with any valid visa, but then you must return home and apply for the Family Reintegration visa. 

Even if you do receive a Romania Family Reunification visa, it is not intended for stays in Germany....which is why Germany has their own visas.

romaniac :
SaimaDan :

Hey all

Now my situation is ...

Multumesc 🙂🙂

Hello,

I don't know where you heard that you can stay in Romania while you apply for a Family Reunification Visa, but that's incorrect.  Just like Germany, you must return to your home country to apply for it.  You may get married in Romania with any valid visa, but then you must return home and apply for the Family Reintegration visa. 

Even if you do receive a Romania Family Reunification visa, it is not intended for stays in Germany....which is why Germany has their own visas.

Oh guess i got a little confused! But anyways , thanks for correcting me, I guess patience will be a virtue in my case!

Hello! I am trying to go to Romania and get married over... my fiance is Romanian citizen and he is currently there. I am Mexican and in the Romanian embassy they told me I do not need a visa just to travel I just need my passport but I am wondering if I will need a document to prove that i am going to get married over there in case they ask. I do not want to have any problem trying to enter the country...

luzdelgado :

Hello! I am trying to go to Romania and get married over... my fiance is Romanian citizen and he is currently there. I am Mexican and in the Romanian embassy they told me I do not need a visa just to travel I just need my passport but I am wondering if I will need a document to prove that i am going to get married over there in case they ask. I do not want to have any problem trying to enter the country...

Passport control will not care if you are getting married, there is no need to mention it anyway.  As the embassy told you, you do not require a visa to enter.

Hello everyone! Meeai and cjkn3, I am also from the Philippines. I would appreciate it very much if you could share whatever important information you may have. Salamat!

Expatriate health insurance in Romania

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Romania

Moving to Romania

Find tips from professionals about moving to Romania

Travel insurance in Romania

Enjoy stress-free travel to Romania