Getting married in Russia

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Russia or who are about to get married in Russia to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Russia? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Russia)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

Hello,I got married in Irkutsk,my wife is russian so she organized it all.We were married at the Zacs office and i thought it was quite good.It was a basic ceremony but good and after a small reception in the adjoining hall.I preferred this type of wedding to the one we have back in Australia.

Thanks for your help thor1717!;)

Harmonie.

Hi!
I'm Russian and my husband is Nigerian. We got married in 2009. All we had to do is:
1. If a foreigner is not from one of the former soviet republics you should marry at Zags № 4 Saviolovskiy, Butirskaya st, metro Saviolovskaya (if you live in Moscow or close to it).
2. You must go there with your fiancee for an intervew. They will tell you of all the documents you need and you can choose the date (because there is a queue, especially for week-ends) of the wedding.
3. The documents:
3.1. sure, your and her passports and your visa,
3.2. if your woman was married she has to bring divorce certificate.
3.3. from your country you have to bring paper from the police with finger prints and document that you are not married.,(in Russia you are to translate them into Russian and make apostil in notary office or certify the document at your Embassy)
3.4. receipt of payment of marriage fee (it cost about 200 or 400 ruble, and you can pay at Zags),
3.5. it seems to me that you have to bring the notary translation of your passport. (there is a lot of notary offices which do this kind of job)
4. But, my advice, first of all, start with an intervew in Zags. It works from 9am - 6pm, except Sunday and Monday and fourth Tuesday of every month, lunch break form 2-3pm.
After first visit you will collect the whole documents and come second time. They will check your paper and you will arrange the accurate date of wedding.
It's been some time since we get married so the information has to be updated. Maybe there are some changes or I've forgot something.
Any way, Good luck to you!

:top: