NEED ADVISE !!!!! Please Help me!!!!!!!

Hi
I am from India-Bangalore, I am planning to do BA (Hons) in Business Management from CECOS London College.
Can you please help me know

1. How is CECOS London College
2. Cost of living in London,Food,transportation etc
3. How much a studio or 1 bedroom cost
4. Is this the right time to be in London
5. Do we get part time job easily while studying.
6. How are the job opportunity in London after finishing this   course.
7. It is good option to study in London.

it would be a great help for me if you can answer this

Thank you in advance

Hi I'm sorry I am not really aware of this college, In London there zillions of such institutions, not all of them are recognised or provide quality education you know, some even run from 2-4 room houses, so be very very careful before committing financially.

London is one of the most expensive cities in the world,if you cook, food can be cheap but not transportation or rent.Transportation cost would depend on how far you have to travel but it is expensive.

Rents for 1 Bedroom flat will be around 700-800 GBP centrally, studio a bit less than that,Students mostly share flats/houses to keep the cost down, but the cheapest way to survive is going into some sort of paying guest accommodations if possible (these will cost you 60-80 pounds per week including dinner in North West or East London not in central so again travel cost)

If you speak fluent English without any heavy accent, getting a part time student job is not that tough but nowadays competition is a bit high.

Getting a job after the course depends solely on what experience you have before joining the course / how recognised your course is.You always have to be prepared to go back after finishing as job is no way guaranteed.

Mostly there are 2 kinda ppl from South Asia who come to study in London -

1. Who look for quality education from very good colleges
2. Who want to stay back in UK and want to use this study route as entry by getting into any college.

Govt here is making life difficult for the type 2 ppl these days. so depending on what your objective is behind studying in UK you have to take a decision.

Hope this helps. don't hesitate to ask if I can be of further help. Best Wishes.

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply .

I would like to know in the college website it mentions that "Home Office UK Border Agency has awarded CECOS London College an A rating." so if the college is graded 'A' does that means the college is good.
and how can i get to know more about this college.

the college is located in North east of  London so how is cost of living in that zone and can you please let me know how much a student can spend on rough Calculation
(just spending money on food (i can cook at home),transport,rent etc,because i don't party nor go for movies nor smoke.)

I am looking for 1 bedroom or studio room, cost how much can it cost in and around this zone and is it easy to get part time job while i study (I do have 5 year of experience in call center in India.)

it very kind of you to answer my question

thanks in advance

Hi, In my opinion the best way to know about the college would be to enquire from the alumni if possible. Talk to the college admission dept. about few alumni contacts. The college should also provide you a rough living cost guide, just enquire. There are communities in Orkut for prospective Indian students in London, you can ask there as well.

Home Office-UK Border Agency is not an academic rating body, it   is an immigration control agency, but when they say this college is graded A that may mean that the college wouldn't be one of those fake colleges where you can a get degree without even attending.

Please also look for academic accredication that the institution has (like in India we have UGC/AICTE stuff)and check with that body about the authenticity of the college and reputation.

For rent guidance you can check out www.gumtree.com or www.findaproperty.com, you can search there by the location you are going to be renting in.

I have never been a student in London, so it is difficult for me to comment, still clearly if you stay in London centrally (i.e near the college) the rent is going to be huge (for studio or 1 bedroom) but minimal transport cost but living in a cheaper area such as East Ham or Stratford you can pay lesser in rent and a bit higher transport cost.

A rough guide will be food - 200, transport - 120. It should not be difficult to get a temp job in bars, restaurants or shops around the town which gives you 8-12 per hr.

Hope this helps !

Hi
I was actually trying to find to something else when came across your question.

I know how it is when you are totally clueless.

I study at CECOS london college it was located at Osborn street first now has moved to Islington

As far as the college is concerned it is a nice college.

rest regarding living and cost you have been explained quite clearly.

Take care