ESL Teachers

Hi All, I'm thinking of moving to saudi as an esl teacher. I wanted to know if there are any esl teachers that are non-white?

thanks in advance.

The reason I ask, because i am British citizen with Pakistani origin. I have heard, to employed as an English teacher, one must be white. If there is someone who's British with Pakistani background and is employed as an English teacher, please reply.

Thanks

Hi timeout,

welcome to the forum, yes My TEFL teacher in England was of Asian origin he worked in Saudi as an EFL instructor for more than 3years . As long as you speak English like a native then your good to go. I am also non-white and looking for TEFL positions in Saudi.

best wishes.

Hope.

Hi, Im thinking of working over in Saudi, Im a white Britsih male. Ive been working in China for abt 4 years and was just wondering what the standard of teaching is over there. Here theres a few qualified(like me), taking it seriously but mostly chancers, so teaching standard is pretty low- how is it over there? Im just concerned my standards have slipped and Ill need to brush up a bit ..?
THanks..

I am black.