Costs for a minor

Does anyone know the estimated cost of emigration to Norway from England for a minor under 16? I don't have a passport or visa yet but I don't accommodation as my siblings already live there. Thanks,
Emily xxx

There is no cost as UK is part of the EU

Do I not need a visa?
Emily xxx

Barbastelle wrote:

Do I not need a visa?
Emily xxx

No, there are no visa requirements for citizens of any EU country.  You will have to register in the Folkeregister if you're staying for more than three months at a time, and if you want to work, then you'll have paperwork to fill out in order to get a Norwegian national insurance number.

Thankyou :)

Are there any other legalities I will have to go through? When do I sign this register? And will I need a passport if I travel by sea?
Emily xxx

Barbastelle wrote:

Thankyou :)

Are there any other legalities I will have to go through? When do I sign this register? And will I need a passport if I travel by sea?
Emily xxx

Anyone traveling from outside the Schengen zone is required to show their passport when entering, whether by land, sea, or air.  I haven't entered the Schengen zone by sea, so I don't know exactly when they'll check your passport.  It could be when boarding, when leaving, or both, but you will need your passport.

You need to register before the end of your first three months.  Usually, this means registering once you're settled (have permanent accommodation, job), but you can register before you have any of these things sorted out, but if you move house, then you will need to register that you've moved.  I don't remember exactly, but you may need a norwegian national insurance number to register, but the staff should be able to help you with that.

Apart from that, there really aren't many legal hurdles for EU citizens anymore.  Maybe you'll have to fill out a customs declaration if you're importing your car, or other goods.  But, if in doubt, go to your local UDI-office (Utlendingsdirektoratet; udi.no), take a number, and get some advice from them.

Thanks so much again!

Is a minor able to apply for a child passport themselves, although I know it has to be signed by an adult to approve it?
Emily xxx

IDk how its in Uk but in Latvia once you get 15 you must make passport by law or ells pay fine, and when i turned 15 i went alone.

This doesn't apply in England. Anyone else know?
Emily xxx