Pregnancy in Guayaquil

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Guayaquil?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Guayaquil?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Hi Christine,

There are many good gynecologist in my city, you can go to this website to have a look ginecoguayas.com.
The most recognized for pregnancy and birth is the Hospital Gineco-Obstetrico Enrique Sotomayor (govement and private hospital), but is located in an area not so nice and for a foeigner could be better to go to Clinica Kennedy in the north of the city, Clinica Alcivar in the south. They are private clinics and each one has a section for Gynecologists or any other kind of doctor.

bye

Hi Marazul!

Thanks for your help!

Armand

Hi! I don't think that link works anymore. Do you have another link or website? Looking for an English-speaking OB-GYN in Guayaquil.
Thanks!

Hi Christine

I know this thread is very outdated, but I was wondering if there's anything you could share from your experience regarding English speaking obgyn in Guayaquil.

Thanks !

Sali

Hi Sali,

If you have any information about this please let me know too :)
We are planning to have our first  baby in Guayaquil and we will move in Ecuador on Oct 2018.
I tried to email and contact the Gynecology and Obstetrics doctor in Kennedy Hospital Clinic but no one response.

Hi Pauline,

I didn't receive any information from anyone :( so I ended up taking a leap of faith and went to an obgyn in Kennedy after reading reviews for various doctors on Facebook. Her name is Dr Jessica Torres. She has a clinic in Kennedy Samborondon and Alborada. Her English is limited but we were able to communicate as needed the help of my beginner Spanish. She was professional and sweet and I felt comfortabkw with her.

You can find her contact details online but let me know if you'd like to me share.

Good luck with your move!

Sali

Thank you so much Sali! I will look it up.