Pregnancy in Aberdeen

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Aberdeen?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Aberdeen?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Hi Christine, it looks like I will be spending several months of my pregnancy in Aberdeen as well and am curious to hear some answers.  Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Whilst I am NOT pregnant, I am now living in Aberdeenshire and have a few things to share on this topic that I hope will be of use.

1.  Healthcare in Scotland is the best in the UK.  You register with your local GP practice, as is normal anywhere else in the UK, and if your nearest is a group practice then great, as you will have a range of good and capable doctors at your disposal.
2.  Unless you choose to have private Gyno arrangements, you will go through the NHS care referral system, that your local GP and practice Nurse will go through with you.
3.  All the pre-natal groups will be discussed at your local GP level as they will make the referrals.  Plus, you can do internet searches for any groups or clubs forming or in progress for pre-natal discussions.

The most important step to make is to get yourself registered with your local GP asap, only then will you fall into the healthcare system and receive all the wellness, pre & post natal care that you are seeking.

Good luck with your pending arrival, the Scottish countryside offers so much for families to enjoy, especially young families as there is so much outdoor activities on offer.

:one gowiththeflowUK

@Harmonie, your welcome :)

Here is a link to the National Health Service (NHS) guidance on Pregnancy, it has a fantastic range of information and tools to guide an expenctant mum through these early stages:

nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/Pages/pregnancy-and-baby-care.aspx

I will be checking out this site, and thanks for all the info.  We found out today we are having twins!! :D

xoexpat wrote:

I will be checking out this site, and thanks for all the info.  We found out today we are having twins!! :D

Oh my! :top: Congrats on that 'double pleasure in the blessing of twins' let me know how useful you find the information and good luck, when is the EDD?

Hi xoexpat, Congratulations! :)

Thank you all for your contributions.