Pregnancy in Luanda

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Luanda?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Luanda?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Hello Chistine,
When I was pregnant, here I, assisted by Dra.Teresa Tomé and Dra. Vivalda, because they both work, more or less, together. when one is not and there is an emergency, always provides assistance to another, I really enjoyed any of the doctors, and she gives consultations in the Alvalade clinic, but certainly should work in other clinics.
As the best clinic to have baby, this depends on the doctors that you are watching, I particularly was followed by Dra.Teresa Tomé but I had my baby in Lisbon, and had a complication, I do not know if I was in Luanda would have had all the conditions to have the happy outcome as in my case. But I have friends who have had babies, some Girasol clinic, other Vida clinic and some still inEndiama clinical, and everything went fine. So I say if your pregnancy goes well and there is no risk, either if you are  provided by a good doctorn is good.
Good luck and kisses.

excuse my english
angelica

Thanks for your help Angelica.;)

Harmonie.

No No No having a baby in Luanda is so risky. I have been here for 3 years and I have many many angolan friends who either give birth in namibia, South Africa or Portugal. Unless you want to risk your health, It is not worth it, It is also very expensive to have a baby in Angola. I am pregnant and will never have a baby here. All the best for you and your baby and congratulations. Take care and try to keep the mosquitos at bay!

Thank you Namibianmom for your contribution :)

Aurélie

Can anyone give any advice about health during pregnancy?

I've been told I can't take malaria tablets during pregnancy and that pregnant women attract mosquitos more. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Or can anyone suggest malaria tablets that are safe to use during pregnancy?

Many Thanks