Pregnancy in Alexandria

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Alexandria?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Alexandria?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

salama hospital an azareta  ,and alexandria center in smouha

Hi leo_alex and welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for the tips.;)

Harmonie.

Well, maybe you don't need this advice anymore, as you posted a while ago.  I am an American who gave birth here in March.  It was an amazing and inexpensive experience.  My doctor is amazing and far better treatment than in the States.  Dr. Fatah Agameya (Smouha) I delivered at Alex-Sydney (or Sydney Care) In roushdy.  All very good.  If you still need help, post back and will give you many more deets:)

Hello serrastone.

Thank you for your contribution! :)

Aurélie

Do any of you know if there ar midwives available and the ability to have a natural water birth...without hassle?

Also someone told me yesterday it is possible to give birth in the pyramids!! Have you ever heard of this? Thanks!!

serrastone wrote:

Well, maybe you don't need this advice anymore, as you posted a while ago.  I am an American who gave birth here in March.  It was an amazing and inexpensive experience.  My doctor is amazing and far better treatment than in the States.  Dr. Fatah Agameya (Smouha) I delivered at Alex-Sydney (or Sydney Care) In roushdy.  All very good.  If you still need help, post back and will give you many more deets:)

Hi Serrastone.

Could u please give me the contacts of this Dr. Fatah Agameya at Smouha?
Does he speak english well? Or french?
Thx a lot!

Hi,
My 2 daughters used to follow up with a gynacoligyist his nae is Helmi and the hospital named wali al ahed.
sincerely,
Ahmed

the best two hospitals in Alexandria for delivery are Alex Sydney Hospital and Agyal Hospital they  are both in Roushdy. second best you have Middle East hospital in smouha fawzy moaz street and Alsalama hospital in Azarita.

The best hospital to deliver a baby is wali alahed in moharam bay

first of all the best hospital is Alex Sydney ...it's specialized in delivering and my doctor was Dr. Ashraf Hazzem he is amazing ..

and regarding midwives i don't think they are certified if u manage to find one ...you can tell your doctor that you want to give natural birth & he will decide .

i have this experience with my wife, we have followed up with DR. Manal at port said street in El ebrahymyah,she is a very kind lady and really an expert in her field.
and my wife delivered at Alahly hospital,..they do a lot of care to children after birth and their moms also.
it cost us 4500 EGP only including the doctor fees and the operation with the hospital and it was natural birth.

The doctor follow up fees is 75 EGP every two visits and she is showing a lot of care as she is acting like a mother,.. most of my family members delivered with her for several years ago..by the way she speaks English well as she is also a professor in the medicine school :)
Good Luck

the royal hospital

I also need this advise, as I am going to deliver soon in Alex