Pregnancy in Ho Chi Minh City

My wife just gave birth to our son yesterday at Phu San Quoc Te Saigon.

Let me share a bit of my experience.

This is our 2nd child. First child was born at Hung Vuong on the recommendation of Phu San Quoc Te because of her sugar problems.

We did all our check ups with Dr Phuong Mai. She has her own office on the 1st floor where mother's go in to give birth and people wait. So no crowded space it's open space waiting room. Though if you go with this doctor exclusively call beforehand to make sure she's working that day and expect long wait time when she's busy giving birth. When she's not busy she's very patient with us.

On the day my wife went in for her caesarean was an afternoon. They did all the pre screening for couple hours. She went in for her surgry at 18:00 and baby was born at 18:40. At 19:00 doctor asked the father to come in to see the baby. At 19:30 I was asked to come in again to witness them wash the baby. Than told to go to my room and wait.

Next day at 09:00 mother was returned to her room and baby followed shortly after.

In comparison to Hung Vuong which is a public Vietnam hospital and BV Phu San Quoc Te it's night and day. At Hung Vuong it's cramped while you wait for the mother to be sent to her room. You have to find a spot in the waiting room to sleep for over 12 hours with no fan or air condition. Though I like the fact once the baby is born you have to feed and care for the baby though it may be laborious for some. This is all taken care of by the nurse at BV Phu San Quoc Te.

If you have the money it's well worth it to have your baby at BV Phu San Quoc Te. It cost me 6 million dongs at Hung Vuong and 40 million dongs at BV Phu San Quoc Te.

Congratulations, khanh44!

What a coincidence. I was also born at BV Phu San Quoc Te! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Whatever best one you go to or use you better stay on top of them and know a great deal yourself about pregnancy. It is a crap shoot here. We went to the best for prenatal and during the pregnancy and it was a slog the entire time. No one recommend folic acid at anytime. I finally had to put my wife on it. Not one care provider would glove up during examinations etc. I had to sometimes stand between my wife/infant and force them to do it before they proceeded. No hospital laboratory in the entire country is accredited. My child was mistyped. I only became aware when we went to the nursery to see him and he was getting phototherapy. I knew what this was for , but my wife asked the tech on duty. She said it was because the babies blood type did not match the mothers. That got my attention fast and I asked to see his records and how he was typed. They had him as a type A which he could not be as my wife and I were both type "O".
  They had done a RBC panel on my wife in the early stages of her PG and all was fine. I asked them if they checked her iron levels. They said no need as her RBC was fine. When in fact there is no correlation between RBC and iron. Put another way a good red blood cell count does not extrapolate into a good iron level. The OB dr. said she could not check iron levels at that hospital. I said that can  to be true. I had seen the labs blood chemistry machine and knew they could run and blood panel they wanted. So I demanded she contact the lab. They indeed said they could run the iron levels. The Dr. said she did not think they could because patients had never asked for it and it costs more. They ran the iron levels and my wife was very low.
  So watch them and check and cross check. The most trying time in my life. The mistyping of the child would have instantly killed him had he he needed a blood transfusion. And he was born a little premature.
  Oh and I forgot. They ran lab work on the baby and his numbers were off the chart. Looked as if he were in REAL trouble. But such was not the case the lab simple did not put in the fact that the blood being tested was that of an infants. There are completely different references numbers for a child and an adult. So it shows that he exceeds or is way below the norms because the machine thinks it is testing adult blood.

Hi
i am looking for contact details for the Hien pregnant ladies center in Ho Chi Minh city
can anyone help me i have tried everything
thanks
Richard

Hi!
I'd like to know how much is the consultation fees and delivery pricing?
Thank you so much

My wife delivered in a private hospital via C-section and had the VIP room and it was about $2,000. The monthly check ups and at the end weekly ( preeclampsia were so small I never really kept track of them. I can find the records perhaps if you want exact numbers

Diazo,  Which hospital is this?  Definitely want to avoid if possible.