Pregnancy in Budapest

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Budapest?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Budapest?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Hi Christine,

I would advise these facilities in Budapest or near Budapest. They provide really high quality services and of course they do speak English and other foreign languages:
telkihospital.com/mainpage
maternity.hu/english  -by my information this is cheaper than the previous one.

With best regards,
Andras Novak

Hi Andras Novak!

Thanks for your help!

Armand

There's also a huge and over-politicized controversy around giving birth at home, with a famous advocate going to jail over it. So you'll have to be tactful when explaining how you'd like to deviate from the "standard" procedure. You can probably get what you want in the end, just prepare for scared looks at first.

budapest-moms.com/ check this website out, as they say "Budapest Moms was created by Réka Morvay in 2007 with the purpose of creating an online community for English-speakers as they go through the adventure of expecting a baby and raising a family in Hungary." and they are doing it well. ;)

Christine wrote:

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Budapest?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Budapest?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

I gave birth in Semmelwei Egyetem Klinika II. Good experience. Especially my doctor is Dr. Gidai János 0620951-8459. He can speak English very well, such a nice humanbeing and you can call him even at 3 am if there is any problem with your pregnancy. His clinic is at Deák Ference tér.

This book has all the info you're looking for:

budapest-moms.com/having-a-baby-in-hungary/

rokica