Moving to El Rehab City

My husand and I will be moving to El Rehab City in the next couople of weeks and I was wondering if there are any expatriates living in the area.

Any tips on what we should and should not bring would be greatly appreciated as well.

Yes, there are expats in Rehab. AUC houses many of its expat employees in Rehab.

Rehab has two malls and a souk area where you can buy most things you need. However, certain things are more expensive and difficult to find. I would bring:

electronics (computers, dvd's, hair dryers etc)
toiletries (you might not find the brand of shampoo or makeup you prefer, or it may be way more expensive than in the US)
ear plugs (if you don't want to get up for the morning prayer)
sunscreen (it is really expensive in Egypt)
clothing (western clothing stores are limited and many are more expensive than in the US)
Alcohol (Rehab is a dry community, and alcohol is expensive in Egypt. Be sure to buy anything you want at the Duty Free store when you arrive.

Hi There,

I live quite close to Rehab City. In Sherouk City. I'm not really sure what there is in the area. I have eaten in Rehab city a few times and it seems like it is quite a relaxed place - certainly a nice change to Cairo itself. I've heard there are plenty of expats there but i've not really seen anyone on my visits.

I hope you enjoy the move there.

Kylie

When help or specific assistance needed, kindly ask.
My two sisters are living there.
Shopping is more interesting specially for BRANDs at City Stars Mall and others.
Best wishes.
IMIG

Hi i live in rehab myself and we (ladies in Rehab ) meet every wednesday in tota (restaurant in the market area . Last wnd. we were 17 Nationalities so i sure you find somebody interesting . The lady who is the restaurant owner is called della . hope to see you soon there

sinaigem wrote:

Hi i live in rehab myself and we (ladies in Rehab ) meet every wednesday in tota (restaurant in the market area . Last wnd. we were 17 Nationalities so i sure you find somebody interesting . The lady who is the restaurant owner is called della . hope to see you soon there

This is a very useful info. As we are also planning to move to El Rehab in a month or so. I really do not know what to expect. I have been living in Egypt (Hurghada) for half a year and jsut started getting used to it.And now we have to move.

Im moving to Cairo soon (in Aug) and will be working in New Cairo. I was debating living in New Cairo, and save time and ride a bike to work and back, instead of getting stuck in traffic. Other than Al Rehab, what other compunds are already completed. am I right to think a lot of new Cairo is still being built?

you will enjoy living there , good weather , beautiful nature and every thing is available concerning security and transportation , it is the ideal place one of the best in egypt.

i don't think you need anything :)

hazzem badawy

Yes you are right a lot of new cairo is still being built . there is a few other compounds finished but nothin as big and developed as El Rehab . there is one about 20 km away towards suez from the same company - Medinti . It will be bigger then Rehab but is not quite as finished yet . you can live there but shopping and infrastructure ) HOspital , schools ect . ) only finished recently or will start from septemer. Community in Rehab bigger . Outside compounds lots of flats and houses finished now but still a lot of construction going on and so it is not as save . ride a bicycle and you can commit suicide easier . I would not ride a bike in egypt - life threatening traffic. But well you can see for yourself .

oh yes forgot to mention the Merriot compound - very eclusive . Or the Katameya residence - next to it . Nice too small but qiet . Katameya Residence super nice - expensive . Depends what you can efford .

hahahaha ...i am with you riding a bike there is a commit suicide ...but i don't think you will face any problem in rehab concerning this matter. what gives rehab city exclusivity is the service ..everything there available and there is no issue.

HI Marusha , i believe you will find Rehab more organised then Hurgada . Smaller, cleaner , greener , easier to find your way around . Community wise i dont know much about Hurgada but in Rehab i think you will find whatever youare looking for . Come in on a wednesday and we will hook you up somehow .

Sinaigem, thanks for all the info about what is currently build in New Cairo. I have seen info and apartment rental options for Al Rehab and for Katameya Residence.
I wouldnt dream of riding a bike in the city, but around New Cairo, it should be safe, right?
Also, take a guess what a small two bedroom flat would cost in Katameya Residence?

yeah in Rehab definitely you can ride a bike - new Cairo it depends where . Parts are safe - Roads are bad but i guess doable . Dont know about prices in katameya Residence - there are more villas then appartments as far as i know . Villa with 4 Bedrooms around 2500 Us , i just asked a friend the other day . in Rehab rents for appartments are varying between 1900 - 5000 le . 400 to 1000 Us , depends if furnished or empty . Medinti is a bit cheaper . I can only recommend Rehab since i am quite happy there . It is green and all services available , easy admin ( electricity , water and so forth ) All kind of home delivery services , laundries , internetservice companies and so forth . Also easy to get workers ( electricians and plumbers ) e
verything slightly more expensive then in the rest of Cairo but much easier to handle . Hope my info will help you !

Sinaigem, thank you so much for your help.Our plan is to come for a few days and look around, check the apartments..Hope it will work out.

well good luck if you need anything let me know

Hi

My husband and I are moving to Cairo in August with our 15 month old little boy, we have decided on Al rehab as the best place to live as a family.  Just wondered if anyone knew of any mum and baby groups that meet in Al rehab as i wont be working and anxious to find some friends for my little boy as soon as we arrive, too ease the culture shock!
Any advice would be great, thanks

Hi Natasha,

I think you will find this link helpful: facebook.com/home.php?#!/rehabcity?v=wall&ref=ts

It is a FB group for Rehab City existing or potential residents and has a pretty active community. Check out the discussions page for useful contacts, maybe you can find other people to arrange a playgroup with.

Best of luck with your move :)

Yes the Rehab City group on Facebook is great , you learn quite alot ,,
it seems there is alot of expats living amongst the locals there, and it seem a popular place to live .
I have afew friends there and they really do love it
So good luck

I think that y would find a lot of people on the women day in tota reataurant , which is in the zoqu area . Women of all nationalities are meeting there every wed starting from 10 am . They have all kind of contacts also for women with little children  . On fridays they are holding a crunch . for children under 5 playtime and lunch . Worthwhile to get there eat or drink something and get to know a lot of nice people  By the way food there is excelent !

Natasha I'm going to be living in Cairo sometime between Dec- Feb and I have a 2yr old girl :)

welcome to everyone..really ALL EGYPT ARE GLAD BECAUSE U COME TO US WE HOPE U ENJOY YOUR STAY!

john25 wrote:

welcome to everyone..really ALL EGYPT ARE GLAD BECAUSE U COME TO US WE HOPE U ENJOY YOUR STAY!

John, please do not use capital letters in your messages; no need to yell at people here!

many expatriates living in el rehab and are so happy there , good luck

Guys!

We have a few apartment options in Rehab. Some are ground floor. We live in Hurghada 3d floor. So I am wondering, how it is to live on the ground floor : safety, insects, homeless cats and dogs if any ect..

Hi I'm moving to Rehab city in 2 days time and looking to purchase a baby gate. can any one tell me where I can purchase one plz thanks.

Rehab city is one of the best places to live in Cairo :)

Hello!

Welcome to All New Members on Expat-Blog!

May you have an enriching experience by sharing your views and learn from other members in El Rehab, the ways of life in this city.

Sheetul.

I live in Rehab with my husband and we love it. There is a good Facebook page for Expats living in Rehab. They have meet ups every once and a while.

facebook.com/pages/Rehaby-Expat-Oasis/142516892433853

Guys i have recently come to egypt, still staying in my companies guest house, after reading all your comments i feel like i too should rent a house in el rehab. However a ? still remains, how are the schools out there.

my daughter is in grade 4, with an CBSE curriculum. I have browsed through website for british school and found one in el rehab, can any one let me know how is the school.

angel jen wrote:

Hi I'm moving to Rehab city in 2 days time and looking to purchase a baby gate. can any one tell me where I can purchase one plz thanks.

somethin's wrong with my messaging system, contact me on [email protected]

School in Rehab ( English School ) is excellent . I live here since 3 years and been watching the school , knowing lots of teachers and the headmaster . Can only say - if my kids would need a school they would be in there .! hope this will help you .

Hello NCgirl.. i was wondering if already moved to Alrehab acity and how do you like it?

Hello everyone... I'm thinking about buying an Apt in Alrehab city but I heard that they have really nice buildings and some of the buildings are not so nice and also would like to know if i should buy in the upcoming areas or the area that it's already been built.  I cannot afford to pay cash, It has to be in installments.  Thank you

Best regards

School in Rehab ( English School ) is excellent . I live here since 3 years and been watching the school , knowing lots of teachers and the headmaster . Can only say - if my kids would need a school they would be in there .! hope this will help you

We are going to move to Cairo next month. Is there any good American School for 17 years old girl?

Hello Nadezda,

May be you shall post your query (last paragraph) on the Cairo forum as well. It could be useful in term of prompt replies ;)

Nadezda wrote:

School in Rehab ( English School ) is excellent . I live here since 3 years and been watching the school , knowing lots of teachers and the headmaster . Can only say - if my kids would need a school they would be in there .! hope this will help you

We are going to move to Cairo next month. Is there any good American School for 17 years old girl?

i can omly agree !

sorry did not see you message , yes there is quite alot of schools in the area - good american systems as well .Nothing in Rehab as far as i know but very close there is the AIS american school or Mes Modern english school with american system . And more which i dont know as well. hope i could help .

Hi... If you have kids I highly recommend a nursery in 5th settlement (close to Rehab) called [moderated]
good luck in Cairo :)

i a m so interesting to meet you ....i live in Rehab city ......i have many contacts for owner shops ....can you give me your mobile number ? .....my mobile number is : +201222426437