Childrens activities in Muscat

Hi, I have just moved here with 2 children aged 8 and 3; desperately looking for activites for them. Are there any libraries around?
If anyone can help, please let me know.
Many thanks.

Hi hk,

The extremely hot weather makes it impossible for kids to have outside activities throughout April – Oct. I can suggest the following though:

1.    Visit the Child's museum in Al Qurum.
2.    Try to get access to the PDO recreation centre at Ras Al Hamra. They have plenty of activities there.
3.    If you are into jogging, take your kids to the PDO's fun run (which is opened to the public) every Wednesday starting 6pm in front of the PDO recreation centre.
4.    There is a café in Qurum commercial area (Araimi Centre) were kids draw on mugs and plates; quite entertaining.

Once the weather starts getting better beach trips become the most fun in Oman…

Good Luck,

Ala'a

hi i'm not too sure if u are still around but check out my group .. [4 messages, 4 times the same link: that's enough] called Kidz in Muscat..

hope u find something there to help u this summer :D

rgds Trish

Hi Ala'a,

Thanks for the information,

Child's museum in Al Qurum / PDO recreation centre : will u able to tell me the timings, or phone no. / location.

I also heard that PDO is having good library in some where Qurum.

I am residing at Al Ghubrah, will u able guide me for good libraries are in Muscat.

Thanks/Regards,

BB.

not all people can use PDO facalities i guess? RIGHT?

Why don't you join my kids in a totally free Arabic lessons .

hi monella ,

can you please let me know abt this - free arabic lesson u have mentioned.

thxs

Hi she21,

Maybe you should start a new topic on the Muscat forum. Thank you.