Moving to Shenzhen Need Advice!

Hi forumers,

I'm Vincent, a 29yo Malaysian Chinese currently working in a China-government corporation's subsidiary company (Engineering & Construction) located in Malaysia. I'm a graduate in Commerce & Businesss and I'm in charge of contract & project management in this Chinese company. I'm familiar with Chinese corporation's working culture and operation, and I travel to China frequently on business trip.

I speak fluent English, Chinese, Japanaese, Cantonese.

I'm thinking of living in Shenzhen and the first thing I need to do now is looking for a decent job. As my current china government company doesnt have any branch in Shenzhen, I will have to look for a new employer.

Based on my qualifications above, can anyone there in Shenzhen please advise whether I should join a Chinese company or Foreign company. Also, please recommend some established companies in Shenzhen which you think are suitable for me based on my above qualification and experience.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Hi Vincent!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Welcome here, I'm from M'sia too. Currently base in Luo Hu, Shenzhen. If you want to work in China just go get yourself here first, cause working in China & Malaysia will be totally different working environment. Unless you've solid contact here if not you'll be starting from zero again.

Well, all the best and if you need any help feel free to contact me.

Kent

Thanks Kent for your comment.

My first choice is to live and work at Luo Hu too. Yea the working environment will be totally different. I have solid contact in Beijing and Hunan Changsha but unfortunately no in Shenzhen :(

I'm planning to start working there around September this year. Hope to get acquainted with more Malaysians that time. At the mean time, I will contact you for more discussion.

Hi,

No problem you can contact me anytime add me in QQ : 1413605784 or skype : keaneyx.

All the best :):):)