Hundai Santa fe or Kia Sportage

Hey , now its time to buy a car, the installment of the above two cars is almost equal to my tranport allownace to rather than getting a car from company I decided to buy a car so after 3 years the car will be mine and still I will keep getting traport allowance.

Please help me to choose one of aove which will good for Riyadh conditions and some times drive to Damman or Baharain.

Kia Spotrage is easier to resell and has a better resale value.

Hey Amin , thanks for toe feedback some one was telling me hundai has bettr reslale value, let us see what others say..

Kia Spotrage.

Don't forget the upfront and baloon payments apart from the monthly installment.

All in all Hyundai have a better resale value than Kia, but Sportage is the only model that people like from Kia more than an equivilant from Hyundai, whcih is Tuscan in case of Sportage.
some people recognize Kia for only its Sportage. Santa fe is a bigger car that belongs to a different category and it is not popular here, at least not as poular as Sportage.

KIA Sportage... :up:

Aminstar is correct - If you're to compare at same level :
Tucson Vs. Sportage
and Hyundai Santa Fe Vs. Kia Sorento?

Kia Sportage is after all a cross-over and Amin is right that it's the only vehicle many people know KIA about.

@ TheLegendLeads .....the loan I am getting in full ammound and interest free from company so to the car delare I will pay full ammount.

Thanks guys I think I should go for Sportage...

Kia Sportage - Is the best bet among the two. And i Agree with TLL.

Is there any web sites that I can see the prices of new cars in Saudi?

:rolleyes: i think Toyota is the only car company in KSA that has a website with prices...?

http://www.toyota.com.sa/en/Index.asp

you can go to drive arabia website and check prices , Dhiram and Riyal has almost same value so one can get rough idea about price difference , actual price one can get from showroom only.

Thank you guys.

both r s**t... y dont u go honda r us cars?

Kia Sportage is Definately way better my friend .. Looks like hyundai people have just left their sante-fee model for old retired people on the other hand a look at the way Kia is improving their models, a look at the sportage 2012 will definately get everyone impressed .. So Sportage it is from my side !

Thanks Alex but finally I am buying RAV 4 .........next week

It IS a better decision, you'll see :).
All the Best!

Friends finally I bought Volks wagen Jetta , full option , people were telling me not to buy beocsue of low resell value.

It costs me 107,000 sr inclduing my loan formality.....from ANB bank

Buy I am not planning to sell it till my final exit and that time even i will give out to one of my employee free of cost .....I will more happy......

So far in last one week.....violated speed limit and paid 300 sr....but now i m more careful specially the small road....

do any one has VW ....

Guru1802 wrote:

So far in last one week.....violated speed limit and paid 300 sr....but now i m more careful specially the small road....

do any one has VW ....

Drive safe and BTW, where are the small roads here ??? Then probably you havent driven in the bylanes of Indian Cities or SV road in Mumbai !!! :P

saimans wrote:

Drive safe and BTW, where are the small roads here ??? Then probably you havent driven in the bylanes of Indian Cities or SV road in Mumbai !!! :P

ha ha ha .. ... SV road dude especially Andheri station.... even a snail wud beat u ...

there is one renault 4x4 in the town ! with an price tag of 54000 ONLY ! any ratings guys !?!! i heard renault cant handle extreme conditions of KSA and radiator and other things keep malfunctioning even in new cars.. is that really so?? there company denies this though..

Kymadoce wrote:
saimans wrote:

ha ha ha .. ... SV road dude especially Andheri station.... even a snail wud beat u ...

Saimans........

BTW I did not drive in Mumbai city........ only express higway  from pune to Mumbai.....even Pune is very crowdy .....I drive there for may be one month while on vacation.

But roads in riyadh are much better than Pune and Mumbai.

The small road I was talking abot was the Haroon Rasheed road....coming out at exit 18 on estern ring road....near exit 16........I was trying to catch the green signal and bloody flash from a car staidng rod side was having camera costs me 300 sr.

DrHassanMalik wrote:

there is one renault 4x4 in the town ! with an price tag of 54000 ONLY ! any ratings guys !?!! i heard renault cant handle extreme conditions of KSA and radiator and other things keep malfunctioning even in new cars.. is that really so?? there company denies this though..

This is the Renault Duster...its a new car...so not many reviews from users will be available.

Renault are claiming it has been tested extensively in Middle East.

Suggest you go to show room on khurais road, you can book a test drive and ask them about the testing in Middle East.

SaudiUK wrote:
DrHassanMalik wrote:

This is the Renault Duster...its a new car...so not many reviews from users will be available.

Renault are claiming it has been tested extensively in Middle East.

Suggest you go to show room on khurais road, you can book a test drive and ask them about the testing in Middle East.

yeah i had been to there showroom but the problem is one of my friend rated it bad enough as he told me an incident of his brand new peugeot which he drove nearly 200km and it heated up with radiator malfunction and that was obviously not covered under warranty too ! he said renault is similar for middle east so not recomended..

gonna love that plastic water pump at 60,000 miles

I am a proud owner of renault duster.
Try Renault Duster 2014 it was newly launched and upgraded for middle east condition. With a decent off road capabilities along with a decent price tag of 54000sar....it will cost u almost same like yaris....only in 1 yr in uae and oman it comes in top 5 suv for expats....

Hi,

Any one knows about any expat car auctions in Riyadh?

Hi...My husband is also in d process of buying new cars...would u pls suggest what is d best idea to buy that would travel alkobar to bahrain and vice versa every day...as of now we just saw d Renault traverse &  KIA Sorrento...all your feed back will be a big help...TIA

Happy wife wrote:

Hi...My husband is also in d process of buying new cars...would u pls suggest what is d best idea to buy that would travel alkobar to bahrain and vice versa every day...as of now we just saw d Renault traverse &  KIA Sorrento...all your feed back will be a big help...TIA

Toyota Corolla. Mid range, comfortable and fuel efficient.

Alkik wrote:

Hi,
Any one knows about any expat car auctions in Riyadh?

District Naseem (exit 28)
District Shifa

Hi amhad...we r looking for an SUV...as they told us that it will be safer to travel on a SUV vehicle in coast way going in and out of Bahrain alkobar...is this saying true???Thanks in advance

get sportage as I am owner of it in korea(using sonata for now)

Sportage better looking and value than santafe.

junho0811 wrote:

Is Sportage good for a family of 5???How about d KIA Sportage is it good on tes of long drive, gasoline & security???

Happy wife wrote:
junho0811 wrote:

Is Sportage good for a family of 5???How about d KIA Sportage is it good on tes of long drive, gasoline & security???

hyundai and kia is same company. just different name so the flatform and prame are same.

just different looking and design.

it depends on what you like.

also. sportage are not good for a family drive.

you should buy bigger one like beracruz or sorrento.

junho0811 wrote:
Happy wife wrote:
junho0811 wrote:

hyundai and kia is same company. just different name so the flatform and prame are same.

just different looking and design.

it depends on what you like.

also. sportage are not good for a family drive.

you should buy bigger one like beracruz or sorrento.

Wrong type...what I meant is KIA Sorrento...
We are using KIA Cerato here in Bahrain...& Bahrain is a small country that we don't find any problem about KIA...but my husband is planning to buy another one KIA Sorento coz his job is now moved to alkobar...He will be using it everyday in causeway Bahrain to Alkobar vice versa...Is it a nice choice???In terms of long distance travel, security & durability???

how long they will take to release the car? as per your experience?