The cost living in jyvaskyla??

As would be the cost to study jyvaskyla, the  cost in appartment and food, internet, phone etc ...
want to move to Finland, I tried it for 1 year but need to know how much I would come out the cost of everything..

Greetings from Venezuela. :)

Hello
Prices depend on the type of appartment you have and the location. For instance an appartment in Ristonmaa shared (3 people) cost 218 euros a month including everything even internet and sauna. Info on HOAS and Kortepohja both manage student appartments.

For the food if you are careful you can probably spend between 100 and 150 per month.

Phone is cheap in finland. I have prepaid and i never buy more than 7 euros a month.

PS: It is hard for foreigners to find  part time jobs in Jyväskylä.

Greetings from Jyväskylä :-)

Hello people I am new here. I am from Kolkata, India. Recently completed my PhD from Jadavpur University India in the field of Industrial and Production Engineering. I have recently got a postdoc offer from University of Jyväskylä, Finland. The gross salary is roughly 40k Eur / year. Health care, pension, travel or accidental benefits are covered.

Can any one tell me how good this job offer is?
how good is the  University of Jyväskylä?
what would be my net monthly salary?
Is it enough for an Indian to live a good life and save some?
How is the living cost in Jyväskylä to live a moderate life? (say i need a 1 bedroom apartment close to University, i would mostly cook my food at home, i am not too much outgoing)
My PI over there wants me to join the job ASAP. How long it generally takes to process the residence permit application?
if i opt to bring my wife later after I joined the job, how much difficult the process would be to obtain a residence permit for her?

any help would be appreciated.

tamal31 wrote:

Hello people I am new here. I am from Kolkata, India. Recently completed my PhD from Jadavpur University India in the field of Industrial and Production Engineering. I have recently got a postdoc offer from University of Jyväskylä, Finland. The gross salary is roughly 40k Eur / year. Health care, pension, travel or accidental benefits are covered.

Can any one tell me how good this job offer is?
how good is the  University of Jyväskylä?
what would be my net monthly salary?
Is it enough for an Indian to live a good life and save some?
How is the living cost in Jyväskylä to live a moderate life? (say i need a 1 bedroom apartment close to University, i would mostly cook my food at home, i am not too much outgoing)
My PI over there wants me to join the job ASAP. How long it generally takes to process the residence permit application?
if i opt to bring my wife later after I joined the job, how much difficult the process would be to obtain a residence permit for her?

any help would be appreciated.

This is a very old thread and with some of your questions not related you should really start a new thread for better coverage.

SimCityAT
Expert Team

ok thanks