Rental cost in Al Maadi

Please help.
what is the yearly rental for 2 bedroom UNFURNISHED apartment in Al Maadi area.
Any advice is really appreciated as I am relocating from the UK to Cairo in April (next month).
Many thanks

From 2 to 4 thousands Egyptian pounds

Depends " where in Maadi". Sakanat could be 5-6000 LE per month and even more, but it s a nice and secured area.In Digla you could find a flat with 2 bedrooms around 2000- 3000 LE/ month, it s also a good area. There are places where you can find even under 2000 LE/ month ( unfurnished flat).
Also , it depends of the conditions inside( air condition, satellite, internet, size of flat, floor).
If you are foreigner, also they ask you more.
Be careful, and write in the contract electricity, gas and water index, and any additional conditions. Landlords could " forget" what you talk with them, and they put you to pay any other thing: bawap( the doorman that lives there with his family) zibella ( garbage) and so on.
If you ask an estate agency for help, they ask for one rent payment to them. You must pay to landlord one month rent as an insurance, and if you want after 1 year to extend your contract, the landlord increases the rent with 10 % at least, no matter he doesn t do any improvement inside!
Good luck!

Quardi, Many thanks for the info.

Valibilic, Your information is really helpful many thanks.
You stated 'Also , it depends of the conditions inside( air condition, satellite, internet, size of flat, floor)' are you saying I could have all of this written in the contract and that the Larndlord should provide them as services to be included in the rent (of course if they are available in the first place which I must say that I will need Electricity and Internet.

you also metioned about agents. Do you mean I should not look for a flat through an agent and that I should be dealing directly with the landlord? if so how to find a landlond who would be willing to rent his flat?
Any advice is very much appreciated.

Many thanks to all
Nassman

Try to find ads directly from owner, even here in our site, if you click " Classifieds" in the left, upper side of the page, it will be displayed some ads, and contact the persons by your coming.

i have a friend work in renting flats , if u like he can help u and find good one for u for a good price and sure he charge money for that
he has an office at maadi , u can visit him

Go to some supermrkets in Maadi, Soudi, Metro... u will find many adds there and contact details... inspect many b4 signing contract

good luck

i've borned in maadi and i live there, it's easy to find apartments in maadi by asking doormens "Bawab" there and by searching through el waseed magazine but sure u should talk in Arabic with them,u can find good apartment in zahraa el maadi which costs 1500 per month it's a secure place. yes, if u r a foreigner they will ask u more so if u have an Egyptian friend he should negotiate  with the owner instead of u regarding the price i mean and then telling the owner that u r a foreigner,,, if u need any help don't hesitate to ask me,,,and if u need me to find a good apartment in maadi 4 u just let me know,,, sure it's for freee :)

[Moderated]

With regards to renting - If you find a flat and it needs some work, always make sure to have the work done to your satisfaction BEFORE signing any contract.
Don't accept that they will do it after the contract is signed because they won't.
and never just accept the price that they give you - haggle / offer lower - becasue for sure the agent / landlord / owner will try and get as much out of you as they can - especially if they realise that you are 'new' to the country and a 'foriegner to boot!!
Valibilic has given you good advice - don't take anything as word of mouth - everything that you and the person you are renting the flat from agree on needs to be placed in black and white in the contract.  Even down to the terms for cancelling the contract - be very specific.
And the standard of flats to rent varies tremndously - from the very good to the downright horrible - and especially as you are coming in from outside the coutnry your standards will be very different from people who live here!!!
What they think is great you may definitely think is not!
Also the area - be sure you like it.
Make sure that you view both in the daylight, don't be shy asking
questions, demnding that work is completed before you sign and handover any money.
Check the water supply, electricity, etc.
Always try and look disinterested and disappointed - it will give you greater bargaining power - you look and sound eager the price will rise.
And never rent somewhere you haven't seen personally!!

Before signing the contract - do an inspection of the flat - and document every little bit of damage no matter how trivial - becuase for sure when you leave if the damage is not documented for sure you will end up paying for it out of your insurance deposit - and end up not getting a penny back!

ALso the market here is not very good - especially if they wish to rent to expats - many have left/leaving and not as many are coming to replace them.

It may sound a little negative - but you have to understand how it does work here.

My example is we rented our place last year and viewed many before we settled on the one we have.  Even if there was an agent we always tried to talk to the owners - and you have to stand firm and be tough.  As a consequence - we rented a place for less than 50% of what it was being offered as.
There was work to be done which we agreed with the owner and we visited twice a week for nearly a month until all the work was completed in a good way - and we signed the contract.

biffy wrote:

With regards to renting - If you find a flat and it needs some work, always make sure to have the work done to your satisfaction BEFORE signing any contract.
Don't accept that they will do it after the contract is signed because they won't.
and never just accept the price that they give you - haggle / offer lower - becasue for sure the agent / landlord / owner will try and get as much out of you as they can - especially if they realise that you are 'new' to the country and a 'foriegner to boot!!
Valibilic has given you good advice - don't take anything as word of mouth - everything that you and the person you are renting the flat from agree on needs to be placed in black and white in the contract.  Even down to the terms for cancelling the contract - be very specific.
And the standard of flats to rent varies tremndously - from the very good to the downright horrible - and especially as you are coming in from outside the coutnry your standards will be very different from people who live here!!!
What they think is great you may definitely think is not!
Also the area - be sure you like it.
Make sure that you view both in the daylight, don't be shy asking
questions, demnding that work is completed before you sign and handover any money.
Check the water supply, electricity, etc.
Always try and look disinterested and disappointed - it will give you greater bargaining power - you look and sound eager the price will rise.
And never rent somewhere you haven't seen personally!!

Before signing the contract - do an inspection of the flat - and document every little bit of damage no matter how trivial - becuase for sure when you leave if the damage is not documented for sure you will end up paying for it out of your insurance deposit - and end up not getting a penny back!

ALso the market here is not very good - especially if they wish to rent to expats - many have left/leaving and not as many are coming to replace them.

It may sound a little negative - but you have to understand how it does work here.

My example is we rented our place last year and viewed many before we settled on the one we have.  Even if there was an agent we always tried to talk to the owners - and you have to stand firm and be tough.  As a consequence - we rented a place for less than 50% of what it was being offered as.
There was work to be done which we agreed with the owner and we visited twice a week for nearly a month until all the work was completed in a good way - and we signed the contract.

so true,especially the part that you must write every detail in the contract,if there is some thing scratched or broken it must be written and even take a photo for it,just in case,plus take a photo of the Electricity meter while signing the contract and write the numbers in it! ask also about the monthly payments of the flat.

Thanks to all of you for all the advice.
Ive got an apartment since 2 months now.
The thread started long time ago but once again, thanks to all of you.

It could continue! Maybe other people are interested in this subject!