South African looking to work in Zanzibar

Hi,

My name is Dale, and I'm a live music entertainer. I'm looking to move to Zanzibar to work. Can anyone tell me if I need a work Permit. I have a valid South African passport.

Any information will be greatly appreciated

Dale

Take a look at my show if you like: www.atributetofrank.com

Hi Dale

You will definitely need a work permit.  They can take some time to come through and you may need to come in first via a normal visa and then apply for one.  Good luck!

Hi Mik,

Thanks for the feedback, Someone who lives there said that they would give me a visa at the airport for $50.

is that right?

Hi Dale,

Yes you can get a tourist visa at the airport. There is just usually a long line/wait.  Since your from SA the fee is $50usd, Americans have to pay $100. The best thing to do would be to find a company, hotel, tourist place, etc. that you are wanting to work with/under. The Gov. likes to see an invitation letter from the company you are wanting to work with. To start your own business, it can get pretty crazy with fees, and paperwork. If you go with someone who is already established in the country, they can help you get your work permit and it makes things a lot easier. Just a thought.
Good Luck,
Bonnie in TZ

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a plan. I'll Will look into hotels ect for work?

Dale