Life Partner permit questions/clarity

Hi guys

I'm from New Zealand and my girlfriend is a South African, she has recently moved back to South Africa and I want to join her so we are looking at applying for a Life partner permit. I just have a few questions regarding the application and it would be greatly appreciated if I could get some clarity:

1)Produce proof of Partner of the sponsoring citizen or resident
- How would I go about doing that?

2)Medical and radiological reports in respect of each applicant. Radiological reports will not be required from children under the age of 12 and pregnant women.
- Does that mean both me and my girlfriend have to go for medicals, or only me? and will I be able to do it at any doctor/house doctor?

3)In the application they say I have to complete a form BI-1738 but nowhere on the form does it have a box to tick that is appropriate for a life partner permit.

4) How long does it usually take to go through if I place my application in New Zealand at the South African Embassy?

Many Thanks
Kelvin

KelvinT wrote:

1)Produce proof of Partner of the sponsoring citizen or resident
- How would I go about doing that?

2)Medical and radiological reports in respect of each applicant. Radiological reports will not be required from children under the age of 12 and pregnant women.
- Does that mean both me and my girlfriend have to go for medicals, or only me? and will I be able to do it at any doctor/house doctor?

3)In the application they say I have to complete a form BI-1738 but nowhere on the form does it have a box to tick that is appropriate for a life partner permit.

4) How long does it usually take to go through if I place my application in New Zealand at the South African Embassy?

Many Thanks
Kelvin

2) They usually require medical and radiological reports only from an applicant so your girlfriends doesnt have to provide anything.
3) I found this confusing as well... Maybe you should double check this at the embassy (I applied for a relative's permit not a LPP).
4) What I know for sure it takes LESS time if you apply outside of SA! If you submit your application in Home Affairs here in SA then it might take up to 6-8 months to get it done (yesterday at the Cape Town HA met a girl who cant get her LLP over a year!). So if you provide ALL the necessary documents to the embassy of SA in New Zealand it sould take not more then a month.
1) If at the moment you apply for a LPP without a work endorsement that means you won't be able to work. So that's the reason your partner should provide a proof she'll be able to support you financially. It'll be a problem if she doesnt have a job (I'd advise you to double check with the embassy as well in case if you have your own money enough to support yourself for a long time while being in SA). Or you can find a job, get a job offer and apply for a LPP WITH a work endorsement straight away.

I hope it helps.

Hi.
1)    I am not 100% sure if you are interpreting that correct.. Is it stated like that? When I applied for my LPP (I did that in S.A.) I had to bring my partner with me when I applied, and he had to have his ID with him, in my application there was also certified copies of his ID and he wrote a letter where he stated that he would support me financially and emotionally doing the application process.
2)    Only you. You can down load the forms from the internet, one must be filled out by a radiologist and one by a GP.
3)    As far as I remember, there is no box, they supposedly just know what visa you are applying for by the material you have submitted and the application form...
4)    I ones applied for a visa from the S.A. embassy in CPH (not the LPP) and it took 2 weeks before I had the visa, I applied for my LPP in September and I still do not have the visa in my passport, even though it has been approved!!
The people at the S.A. embassy in CPH was very helpful and they were patient to answer all my questions, so I think you must just contact your local embassy with all your questions.

SA embassy in Cairo needed the following just fro a tourist visa to visit my then fiancee.The same applies though for the relative/ spoise permit
1)We needed to provide 3 months bank statements, proof of income and address, copy of ID and passport for my wife (the SA citizen). Along with a letter confirming you will be supported in SA and an affidavit regarding your relationship. Any other proof like a joint bank accoutn or lease will help.

2)Medical and radiological reports in respect of only the person needing the visa you can download the form and get your doctir to complete
3)Its a relative visa
4) Apply there we are still waiting 6 months later and it could be another 6 months.Friends of our got an accompanying spouse visa in 2 weeks from their embassy only last month.

Hi.

Just remember that depending where you come from there are different rules, European passport holders can get at a free 3 month holiday visa upon arrival in S.A. only requirement is that they have a return ticket.