Looking for a book club

Hey All

Does anyone know of a book club here in Kuwait?

Thanks

Google   'Better Books and Toys' in Kuwait.  Its a really great secondhand bookshop in Salmiya and the woman running it is very very helpful.   She will probably know of some book clubs I would think.  Good luck.

what about ??

Hi there - did you have any luck finding a book club?

please go here to find out more about better books, location and classes available etc.

they're the best used book shop in Kuwait, the lady, Maxine, is very helpful. they run a toastmasters club too. its kinda like a school. u can read the books there too.

Thanks, Legacy. Loved the interview in Bazaar, by the way :)

thank you Q8y Debs :D

interesting thing is most areas of kuwait has libraries with lots of staff.These libraries are located near coops.I have found some of them in Fahaheel, Jabar al Ali, Rowdha, Kaifaan, Yarmook, Khaldia and farwania. If you need further information please send me message

last i checked at the library near hawally (opposite hawally park, nestled in between NBK and Gulf Bank) it was deserted, and all the books inside were Arabic. now, the building looks derelict.

legacy wrote:

last i checked at the library near hawally (opposite hawally park, nestled in between NBK and Gulf Bank) it was deserted, and all the books inside were Arabic. now, the building looks derelict.

well i dont know about hawally but most of the libries I have listed in my previous post have good selection of english books.Rowdah and fahaheel has no english books but have good selection of encyclopedias.
Interestingly EPA (Environment health authrity has good and most of the books are in english . EPA is housed in shwaikh port green building on sharah ghazali

If you're talking about a book club as in a group, I heard the British Ladies Society have an active one with morning coffee meetings going on. You can check their site here- theblskuwait.com/.

For book shops, there's Jarir Bookstore at Hawally inside the Hawally Park. They got a good collection of English books available.

maxandsen wrote:

Hey All

Does anyone know of a book club here in Kuwait?

Thanks

Hi max
there is one book club in Kuwait which is diwan  address http://q80s.com/bookclub
they have foreign and local members
good luck