Best value supermarket

Hello

I am just wondering if anyone can advise what supermarket is the best value? I am living in Mont Dore close to Noumea. We have shopped in Carrefour and find it very expensive - is there anywhere else we should try?

Thanks

Julie

Hello im maya , and the cheapest super market is LEADER PRICE , but still more expensive than australia or europe , life is expensive here

Good luck

Maya

Thanks for the info Maya!

Hi,

You can try the smaller Arizona supermarkets. They have less choice. They carry your common household brands but it is usually a bit less expensive.

For fruit and veg, I heard there are some green grocers that are fairly better priced than the numea market.

Keep your eyes peeled as you drive around because there are quite a few people growing their how veg who will put up a sign saying what they sell.

Other than that life is expensive in New Cal no matter what.

But as you get to know more and more people you will find out that people will gladly give exchange whatever they grow in the garden, the fish they caught or the game they have hunting so it doesn't go to waste.

Thank you,very helpful!

No problem thos , feel free to ask

The Saturday morning market at Ducos seems to be better priced for fruit and vegetables than the one in town.  I tend to go with convenience though and pay the extra...