What are your Likes and Dislikes about Khobar!

Just curious:D

Dislike: Everything =(
Like: Nothing =)

winteryrose1984 wrote:

:o @winteryrose1984 !!!

Good to see you after long Ms. Psychologist :).
And not good to know that it has been hard putting up with (seems so).

Winteryrose,,

come on, it's not that bad!
i understand how you feel since you come from a western country, but you need to give it more time and it'll be much better,,,I HOPE, haha

winteryrose1984 wrote:

@winteryrose1984

I'm no Psychiatrist but i think you are experiencing cultural shock!!
it's perfectly normal and i'll go away with time:D

@TheLegendLeads : Thank you lol...life has had me caught up and I haven't been on here that often. Anyhow I am actually much better than my answer suggests lol. It was meant to be taken with a light heart =P Since this place really doesn't have much to love

@Abdul.Alhilal : I'm not sure that it will get better. Everyone seems to tell me that but I've been here for close to 5 years and it just gets worse and the feelings of homesickness get stronger. Anyhow, nothing much to be done so I might as well TRY to see through rose-colored glasses =)

@winteryrose1984

i know how homesickness can be devastating sometimes, because I've been through this once  or twice so far because I lived in a western country for almost a decade.I'm experiencing it right now although this is my home country!! And I found that the best treatment for it is to try thinking positive about the current situation. the half-full-glass kinda thinking if you know what I mean.
Try to think that it's just a temporary stage that you are going through and it'll ultimately get better,,it's important to think that it'll get better eventually!

Getting yourself occupied always helps:) eg. taking on new hobbies, socializing,etc.

I hope this was helpful.

STAY POSITIVE:D

@Abdul.Alhilal You are so right. I have just recently started searching for things online that I can do to socialize and have fun with. I found a few things but I swear this place makes it SOOOOO hard especially on females. After finding a few things I'd like to do, I have to then search for a driver who is not going to bankrupt me and find arrangements for someone to take care of my daughter while I'm out.

I'm trying to keep looking at it as the glass half full but sometimes it just gets SO hard that you tend to want to curl up in a dark room and fall asleep forever =P

Either way, thanks for your encouragement lol

lol,,,well i hope it gets better for you:)

i know exactly how you feel!

if you need further help do not hesitate to contact me:D

@winteryrose1984

from my experience in living for a long time in KSA :(:P
having fun is all about knowing the right people ;)
everything fun such as parties and other things..., is not shown to public soo
knowing right type of people :cheers: = having fun in here :thanks:

Today it's the cold wind & sandstorm!

But apart from that, all is OK now that the family joined me here...

Oh there is no place better than KSA for a family life. You can spend A LOT of time with them.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Oh there is no place better than KSA for a family life. You can spend A LOT of time with them.

I completely agree.....

TheLegendLeads wrote:

totally agree,,, but if you dont have a family over here then it might be a bit challenging to survive!

Hi,

I saw ur post. I'm hoping to move to Khobar with my husband this year- pending a job offer thats worth it.

I'm curious, will it be a big dent in one's pocket to drive to Bahrain every weekend??? Assuming one has a muli-entry/exit visa. I hear that's where all the activities are.

Can someone please tell me what actual activities are in Khobar and Bahrain. Is there: horse riding? amusement parks? sports clubs (volleyball, basketball, soccer??- for men/women or co-ed?), bowling?, water sports (water skiing?), Movies (in bahrain, right), go karts? lol...
...im from the USA and have never lived anywhere else...Am i going to want to shoot myself???

winteryrose1984 wrote:

@Abdul.Alhilal You are so right. I have just recently started searching for things online that I can do to socialize and have fun with. I found a few things but I swear this place makes it SOOOOO hard especially on females. After finding a few things I'd like to do, I have to then search for a driver who is not going to bankrupt me and find arrangements for someone to take care of my daughter while I'm out.

I'm trying to keep looking at it as the glass half full but sometimes it just gets SO hard that you tend to want to curl up in a dark room and fall asleep forever =P

Either way, thanks for your encouragement lol

Hey expatmbw....i guess you can get the multiple visa for something around USD 150 which will be valid for 6 months. You dont always have to go to bahrain for having fun, Khobar is good too. But yeah Bahrain is much fun as they say WHAT VEGAS IS TO AMERICANS...BAHRAIN IS TO SAUDIS :)

So we can say the same of Bahrain that we do of Vegas?

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?" :D

I read in a forum that the employer can deny a person from being able to get a multiple entry/exit visa...

should this be specified in the contract??? How do you make sure that you are screwed on your visa??? How should it be stated in the contract???

Hey Chris. I see you're a South African. I'm also South African and was wondering how things are for the S.A. folk in KSA?