Wages for nannying!

I just have a quick question if anyone knows how much a nanny is normally paid.  I have an offer to watch 3 children 3 days a week where I walk them home from school for a few hours.  I was offered 7.10 euros an hour and I thought that seemed very low for 3 children, so I just wanted to get other opinions.  I may just be hoping unrealistically for more, but if anyone can help me let me know!

Thanks!

Hello Chelsyg,
This is very low indeed, i used to pay my nanny 11£ per hour for one child in 2003.
I suppose you have to negociate with the family, because 3 childrens , this is a lot of work.
This rate is abuse!
There is this site below,they will also try to pay you very little but better than that you have been offered.Just have a look.It's quiet a few french people working for this site but worth to try.Goog luck.Laurence

littleoneslondon.co.uk

Hi Chelsyg,

7.10 seems outrageous, especially for 3 kids! I am hiring a young lady to do your exact same job, and I pay her 10 euros per hour for one child. After inquiries, I had found out 9-10 euros per hour for one or two kids was within the norm.

Definitely negotiate!
Julie