MaHaba to everybody!

Hello there!

I'm discovering Expat.com, seems nice!

So let's introduce myself:

I'm Pierre, 29, freshly arrived from France in Lebanon (about 1 week)

My great plan is to stay here for at least several months and maybe more. This is my second time in Lebanon, I spent one week on holidays last April before reaching Syria and really enjoyed both countries.

I was raised in the South East of France (Aix-Marseille) and spent last five years in Paris. The fact is I never really found my place there and feel so more confortable in Greece, Italy or Lebanon. (Yes, definitely SUNNY countries!)

As my ex-roomate is Lebanese and because I'm really interested in Middle East since a very long time, I decided to come and try to get a new life !

As my ex-roomy's family allowed me to stay with them until I could find a job, I'm not worrying about a place to stay right now (I'm in Borj el-brajneh, south suburb btw)
I'm learning lebanese (apparently fus'a is not so useful here) with my friend.
I also met some nice people via CouchSurfing.

My aims are:
- to learn Lebanese Arabic
- to get a job (yes I know it's difficult, especially since I don't speak the language)My perfect job would be with an NGO but I cannot afford to stay earning no money, so... I used to work in Market Research, if you care to know.
- to get a place to stay on my own
- to meet a lot of people! I'm of course interested in any kind of people, Lebanese and expats, travellers....
- to live like I wish. It means mixing Lebanese and Western ways of life, picking the best of each spirit.

I'm a native French speaker, I'm (almost) fluent in English. Basic knowledge of German and rudiments in Greek, Dutch, Hebrew.

Ok, I'm sure I've forgotten something, but...

Hey man! glad that you like lebanon so far! but why are you staying in that area?? is it ok??

Hi, Triple M!
I'm staying there because it is the only place where I could be for free, a huge advantage despite there is no Internet connection (actually I can catch some wifi but all of them are of course locked)
I'm totally OK so far, thanks for asking!