Hurghada

My wife and I have bought a place in Hurghada and are looking for help to furnish it, also is there a place where english people meet in Hurghada.

Hi Mr Stephen Burr,

Glad to hear about buying a property in Hurghada and hope that you will enjoy this lovely place.

I'm not quite sure about the place where English people meet in Hurghada but I'm sure that you will find many over there. Meanwhile I hope other members can assist with more info. in this regard.

Best Regards,

best of luck MR.stephen :D

Mr Stephen Burr wrote:

My wife and I have bought a place in Hurghada and are looking for help to furnish it, also is there a place where english people meet in Hurghada.

We also bought flat here some years ago and furnished it ourselves, so feel free to contact me if you need some advices. we share our experience with a great pleasure. We moved to Hurghada 6 month ago and now we live in Makadi and among our neighbours there are a lot of english people. Our resort is still developing but i hope we'll have a nice international community here.

(moderated: off topic + no free ads please)

I know that a lot of owners in Oasis are British, so you can ask any of them. A lot of British people are also living in Kawther, you can go to any coffeeshop or pub in that area.

Hi there is Lotus Ladies for your wife only , they meet once a week on a Wednesday at the far end of the Marina [Abu Ashra end] in a coffee bar in winter from 13.00 - 15.00 and in summer from 15.00 - 17.00.  Lotus ladies also have other events if you go along one Wednesday.  Lotus ladies is made up mainly of expat ladies of all nationalities who either live or have holiday homes in Hurghada.

loads of ex-pats in Hurghada - the new marina is a good place to meet us all - depends where your apt. is

i used to work for a company that supplied furniture packs and would be quite happy to put you in touch with people who can supply all your needs

dawn

No need for companies that supply furniture packs unlike when I arrived in Egypt 30 years ago when you could not even get dried pasta we have lots of shops now.  There are probably about 50 furniture shops of different standards and prices. If you don't want to get ripped off learn some basic Arabic and never trust a friendly Egyptian that you do not know to buy on your behalf. I could write a book on the number of scams that Egyptians pull in Hurghada. To be honest Hurghada is not very representative of Egypt in respect of the locals, there are so many Expats here now that Hurghada is becoming more like living in Russia, except for the weather every day!