Close

Authorization to Drive some ones Car

Hey,

What document or letter is required if my friends wants to drive my personnel car...

Regards,
Zee.....

Authorization Letter aka 'Khitab Tafweed'

yeap, but wat we need to do for it

Zeesham :

yeap, but wat we need to do for it

I think - similar to driving a CAR under your sponsor's name (I assumed the car is in your name?), you will provide a letter saying that you are permitting this so, and so, (attested by the COC)...and - probably, the copy of the istimara should be with him? :rolleyes:

No @Popolocroix. Let me address it in details.

The conditions:
- The car owner must be a person [Saudi/Expat doesn't matter] (not bank nor a company)
- You'll drive it WITHIN KSA.

The only thing you need is the iqama copy of the owner (Saudi Bataqa if the owner is a Saudi). The owner has to write on it in Arabic:

Mr. XYZ Nationality XYZ Iqama# XYZ is authorized to drive his car with plate # XYZ Model XYZ Make XYZ followed with the signature of the owner. No CoC required. The originals of Istamara and insurance must remain with you.

That's it.

If your conditions are different from 2 specified above. let me know and I'll guide you accordingly.

...tnx for the note TLL...

I just usually keep the istimara and insurance card of my brother's car if i'm driving it...probably, bring with me "more driver's instinct' too ;)

here's a story...
A man was driving without a license, so he was very careful in driving around the city. In one turn in his surprise, a policeman hailed him.
The man opened up his window and says - "Mr. Policeman, What's my violation?"
The policemen says "driving without a license!"
The man replied in awe : "How did you know that i don't have a license?"
The policeman say : "Well, i saw that you are driving very carefully"
:D

Thx Buddies,

Ya Car is on my name, and I draft the same letter but for the safe side better give the original Istamra and Insurance to the guy who is going to drive the car.

Regards,

Zeesham :

but for the safe side better give the original Istamra and Insurance to the guy who is going to drive the car.

It's necessary, not better

Zeeham I want to ask either both persons should be under same kafeel or no need of it.Car is on name of my friend please reply.

Did you see the date of this thread? There is a authorization latter which you both have to fill and get attested by traffic police,   

fazi971 :

Zeeham I want to ask either both persons should be under same kafeel or no need of it.Car is on name of my friend please reply.

i would like to ask here, suppose if i am driving my brothers car, and i carry his registration card with me and while driving if i met with any accidents do i get arrested or do i have to pay for the damage of other persons car...or my brothers insurance will cover all the damages for both of us??????

if i want to take authorization to drive my brothers cars ,what is the possible duration ,can i apply for permanent or there is some time limit,,temporary like that...

i hope you will suggest some good advice... 

thank you!!!

shameemahmed :

i would like to ask here, suppose if i am driving my brothers car, and i carry his registration card with me and while driving if i met with any accidents do i get arrested or do i have to pay for the damage of other persons car...or my brothers insurance will cover all the damages for both of us??????

if i want to take authorization to drive my brothers cars ,what is the possible duration ,can i apply for permanent or there is some time limit,,temporary like that...

i hope you will suggest some good advice... 

thank you!!!

Please take the time to read the whole thread, you can drive your brothers car provided you have the authorization letter attested from traffic police and this letter can usually be valid for a min period of 3 months to 6 months. If you make an accident however, you or the car needs to have insurance and based on the insurance (third party or complete) the payment to the other and repairs will be taken care of.

Much better if you go to Traffic police for verification and proper procedure about this..

thank you ,appreciate your support...

Just registering in ABSHER service you and your friend and follow the instructions.
[Moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Broken link

Hello thelegend :)
Please guide, what if someone wants to take the car outside of Kingdom ? let say I'm authorized for a car of my uncle, possible to take it out side of Kingdom ??

Well I think this authorization is thru Absher now. An expat cannot authorise his car to be driven by other.  System does not provision . Saudi, sponsor, can.

how?

Moving to Saudi Arabia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Saudi Arabia

Travel insurance in Saudi Arabia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Saudi Arabia

Flights to Saudi Arabia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Saudi Arabia