Worse experience in KSA

I heard lot of scary stories about KSA specially about riyadh, but since last 2 months of my stay in Riyadh I did not come across any, I am wondering is this place that scary like I heard from others....If you came across any bad incident please share , have a Gud day

@ Guru1802 Do not Trust on Rumors.  :top:

Can't imagine putting bad experiences on here is really all that helpful? It just creates more drama and bad perceptions of this place. I think if this is what you want to talk about perhaps re phrase and have people put up tips on living here rather than horror stories. Positive thinking dude, Riyadh is a awesome!!

@ Louise thanks .....you are right lets not belive on rumors.....have gud day

Bad experience do happen... everywhere in the world. Riyadh is no different. I agree with @Louise.Welge that detailing such incidents will just spread horror. But do look at the bright side as well: All 'mistakes' must be concluded to the lessons learnt of precautions.

Knowing about traps help us avoid if attempted on us. Staying positive is great. But optimism with awareness of threats is even better.

I;ll share a few tips on staying safe against car-snatch attempts. But after a while... :)

If you're talking about crime, nothing bad has ever happened to me personally. 

However, I could tell horror stories about administrators and red tape! :lol:

Hi Guru1802,

The best place in the world for rumours is Riyadh. Unless you know them to be true, ignore them. Enjoy Riyadh;)

Alliecat wrote:

:o Didn't take it this way....poor me!

So is this post about crime incidents ot paranormal activities? :lol:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

:o Didn't take it this way....poor me!

So is this post about crime incidents ot paranormal activities? :lol:

Ummmmmm.. so you think he was asking about alien abductions ?!?   :dumbom:

I'm definitely thinking about crimes here...

Riyadh, is just like any other city in the world...
There are cases of House Robberies, Drug abuse, snatchers, carnappers...

though, honestly...i still feel safer here than my own country.
...am personally thankful as well, that nothing serious has ever happened to me here...

Guys I did not mean bad experience means crime.....where I stayed in kenya last 8 years the crime rate is very high I have seen open firing with AK 47 on the road in day time by robbers.......I was talking about the treatment of Saudi Gov and towards the expatriates.

I heard about if a mistake has been commited by loacl guy he will be warned and realeased but if its a case of an exptriates specially asian guy .... he will end up with staying behind bars that night.........

Don't worry--no jail time for Asian guys.  They're taken straight to chop-chop square ;)

Allie..............are u purely non-vegeterian ........or you want me to run away form riyadh........hehehehhe

:lol:

Glad you understood I was joking!!

Okay - got lots of bad experience when taking a CAB... :|

Do you know that I have, surprisingly, had several experiences of locals stopping and letting me pass on the road. Now thats a big bonus in these neck of the sands.

It must be my age, I guess?

Popolocroix wrote:

Okay - got lots of bad experience when taking a CAB... :|

how? can you please elaborate?

I had the feeling someone might ask...hmm...pretty much the 'usual' hustle...

> cheating with the fare
> pervz :sosad:

Which all resulted in a very ugly confrontation :dumbom:

Quoting myself from a previous post @ https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=120892

"The meter system here in KSA is a question mark because of the over-charged unit rates fed in the devices. You always have to bargain the fare which sometimes gets disasterous because all agreements have been verbal.

This is a never ending story and the best way to get rid of all this is to maintain our own car."

@Popolocroix aaah, Pervs I'm starting to understand and cabs cheating makes more sense with the legend's explanation.   

I'm sure i read in another post that its best to have a known private driver..are these easy to find?  Seeing as getting ones own car is not an option for  us  women.