How many months to wait resident permit??

Hello Where in Sweden are you moving?Its been 8 months now since my application has been registered  March 14,2016 and got a reply to booked an appointment July 22,2016,i had been Interviewed September 21,2016.Until now i have not heard anything yet from the embassy I'm hoping soon.Anyone here submitted application March ?

Mine was submitted march 4 and my interview was Aug 29. We were married July 28. Still waiting!

its nice to know that we are they same month.Have you contacted the embassy about your application status?I think you will get faster approval as you are already married.Have you been to sweden or visited your husband?

I'm an American. We've known each other 19 years now. We got married in Sweden. He calls the agency every week and gets the same response. It is waiting for an administrator to grab it.

Hi pinay_g143 I am moving to Stockholm.
My application was submitted 16th December 2015 the mail for more informations and for scheduling an interview was sent 11th April 2016
I got interview 3rd October 2016

I will be waiting for 1year 16th of this month (December 2016)I  Am not calling migration agency at all but my hope is in maximum 2months I hear from them (February )otherwise I start calling .so if you apply in March you will probably hear from them in either (March April or May )2017

Me and my girlfriend met in Stockholm last summer (2015)  while she was here for a year. She actually overstayed her visa because we met and didn't want to separate.

We decided to apply for the 'moving to a person in Sweden' visa as 'sambos' around the 12th of December 2015.

It wasn't until the end of July 2016 that she went back to Mongolia. We got an appointment for the interview in September. Unfortunately she had to go to China for it.

Just after she got back to Mongolia, around a week after, she went to the doctor with a stomach pain. It turns out she was pregnant (: It's not ideal of course but we're very happy. I decided to fly over and meet her in China and then travel back to Mongolia with her and to meet her family.

She done the interview in Beijing and gave herself 8/10 for it lol She got my dad's name wrong in the interview. She couldn't remember if it was Martin or Matthew so she said Marthew haha That and getting my youngest brother's birthday wrong was as bad as the interview went. They know she is pregnant, they say it doesn't alter the decision. That's fine. We're not selfish enough to make a child purely for visa reasons.

So, it's 6 days short of being a year since we applied and we've still not got a case holder, though our application has been received and she has done her interview. We don't contact them often because it's the exact same answer every single time. I thought I was going to have to do an interview but it seems I am only going to have to fill out (another) questionnaire.

I'm not Swedish, I'm from Scotland so I am (for the time being) an EU citizen.

Did your Swedish or EU partners need to do an interview or questionnaire?

We hoped she would have gotten an answer in time for the baby coming in April. So I think she can only travel up until 1 month before the due date. But, it seems like were standing still. I know they have a lot of applications, especially with the refugees who of course need help. But, I just don't understand how it can possibly take over a year. We checked the UK as a back up plan, as we plan to move there anyway so we can raise our child around family, but only after a couple of years in Sweden. Anyways, the UK decision takes THREE MONTHS!! Sure, it's much more expensive, but still, three months!

It's all incredibly frustrating. It doesn't take long to read an application, do an interview, read a questionnaire and then make a decision! But of course, bureaucrats seem to take forever with everything.

I'm seeing my baby grow inside Mandal's belly from pictures and video :(

You should have received a questionnaire immediately after applying, at the same time she received hers.  You will not have to go for an interview or answer any further questions unless they need more information.  All that's left now is the waiting. Good luck!

E

Oh 12th December 2015 just 4days before me .happy news is that you are having a baby unfortunately they do not do priorities nowadays !i know a woman here who got decision just after  12th month 3weeks and the uT
Card just  2weeks  after decision .

So you are just almost there in January lately February   You get your decision

Problem will they allow her to travel 2months before giving birth !

Tyi

I got a case officer !😊
But its can take 2weeks or 3months for decision (they told me at migration center )ok

Let wait and see

:)

Whe

When MV gave you number ,name of case officer ...you call to know that it's not a case officer but a team leader and to get a case officer is earliest end of February 😳

Chilling

I'm so sorry!!!! Hopefully, it isn't really going to take that long! I'll pray fro you!

Hi everyone... Do I need to enter Sweden for a tourist visa first? Before I can apply residence permit?..or I can apply residence permit directly..
Please anyone can answer.

You must apply for residency from your home country. You need to submit a lot of documents and photographs. The application fee is 1000 Swedish kronor.  As of right now, processing times are 12 to 24 months. You cannot wait in Sweden while the decision is being processed. The person you are moving to will also have to answer a  questionnaire. You will have to do an interview at the embassy in your home country or the country nearest to you with an embassy.   Good luck!

Hi Chariesheen
You dont really have to visit Sweden . Its not a requirement . You could apply online and wait for decision . It takes 14 months or less if youre Lucky . Good luck !

Ohhhh ok thank u dear queenie..i thought its needed that way..thanks for the info

Hi. Add kita sa Group chat namin all about Sweden visas waiting and info's..

hi can i be added also? im also waiting for my visa decision from sweden .. we applied it last july 8, 2016,  interviewed last October 18 here in hongkong. i'm a filipina working here in hk so my home base is here ... until now still waiting...

The waiting time is the most depressing

Hello
Congratulatio to you,i have also applied for My wife 2016 feb ,interview took on september 5 but last month i send email and They replied still on the que to get case officer,i just want to know about yur case before you got permitt when did you get yur case officer?  And how long does IT take after assigned case officer?

Thx for yur reaply

:)

I haven't checked my account for a while and seeing my old post making me frustrated.

I don't have my visa yet. I've been waiting for 15months now. I'm done with my interview last  September, and worst is I don't have case officer, and everytime we call and email it said it's always on queue. We don't have kids and not married and as they say its case to case basis. I am not losing hope. ❤

When did is the exact date your wife apply? I also apply February 21 2016.Do you have update to your application?

Ot was 14 feb 2016

Hi everyone, reading all your post helps a lot. Im still here in sweden. I met my boyfriend sept 2015 during my first tour here in sweden and  i visited him every year and today we ask extention so i can stay longer because my boyfriend had an operation and they so far grant me. Im here for six months now and be back soon to philippines. And start to file for resident visa once im back to philippines. I hope when i apply for permanent visa they will consider the many times i visited my boyfriend. What worried me is i'm not yet annuled with my ex husband for he dont want to cooperate unless i shoulder all the expensses. Im 50 years old and my boyfriend is 58 years old and thinking the long procedure make us feel down.  My other question is, can i apply for tourist visa again while waiting for my resident visa? And do my extention visa now will be a problem if i ask for tourist visa again? (if possible for me to visit him)  I will appreciate any advice from you guys.

Hey! Im also from the philippines, I guess you can apply Residence Visa by while waiting in sweden you just in to make the application inside sweden, and also you need to have valid reason. But I'm not pretty sure about my info. By the way do yiu have facebook? There is a facebook group for filipino swedish partners where you can ask question and I'm pretty sure they can answer your questions or maybe who have same situation as yours. 😃

Hi can i be added to the group too :) I am currently waiting for my residence visa

Thanks kata for the  info i have facebook and i look for that site 😊. Anyway are you now here in sweden?

Hi dear...im also applying resident permit for sweden here in singapore just last april 17 2017..and theres email that i need to make account so that i can follow a case...but i didnt do..was it necessary?

Hi! I just applied for my residency visa to live with my boyfriend who is a Swedish citizen, and I am from the US. We both filled out our applications/questionnaires so now we're in the process of waiting for an e-mail to get an interview. I have been told that it can take 14-18 months for a decision to be made (according to the Swedish Migration Board), but I've also been told that it can happen in less than a year, too, just depends. I am wondering how long it can take for an interview. The lady at the US embassy said it would probably take between 2-6 months. We have been in a relationship for almost 6 months, and have visited each other twice, so far, and we talk morning, day and night. We fell in love at first sight and have spent time with each other's families and friends, and plan on getting married and having kids within the next few years. We're basically each other's soulmates and I can't imagine living my life without him. (I'm 32 and he's 28). He visited me for a few weeks between March and April, and I visited him for a few weeks between May and June. I do not plan on going back to Sweden while my application is in review because I don't want my application to be put on hold. We submitted all of our necessary documents, so at the moment I can't at all see why it might be hard for us to get a faster decision (aside from the fact that they are backed up, and not because of anything we've done personally). Based on this info, what do you guys think? My boyfriend is confident that it will go quickly because of how organized and thorough we were in our applications, but I don't know.

I have saved literally every receipt from when we've visited each other, and I have print outs of our first conversations before we met in person (we met on Tinder of all places, haha, so funny), as well as a photo of me with his family, photos of us together, etc, basically, literally everything I could show to prove that we've spent time together, and I have put it all into a scrapbook that I plan on bringing to the embassy for my interview. I am hoping that we can get an interview soon.. the lady I talked to at the US embassy said that there was a guy who submitted his application in April, and went in for his interview only a few weeks ago. That is so FAST! But maybe it's rare? I'd love some opinions here especially from those like me who are from the United States going through this process. Thank you!

You need to make an account you that you can be able to check your application online at www.migrationsverket.se , also you'll have a doisser number

Hey jessica! Add me on facebook or message me. It is Katrina Augusto

Thanks for the response! Yes, I did make an account. I have not been assigned a case number yet. All I have so far is a check number. So far it says it's in "decision pending" mode. I have not received an e-mail yet about scheduling an interview.. that is what I am waiting for now, and I am hoping it won't take more than a few months as I handed everything in and haven't been asked for more information.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Link couldn't be verified
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct