How many months to wait resident permit??

Hi Neslund, i think i have the same case as yours since my husband and I submitted our application online last Mar, 2015. My husband also sent and emial to ask, and they just said that they have noticed out case. However, we need to wait for a little more as they could not avice exactly the time for the result. So, we just can wait only :(.

Congrats! And how long have you been waiting for that since submitted your application? I am now a bit frustrating of watiing for a long time with no result :-(.

Frustration, it is indeed....actually it's depressing language is a piece of cake..just gonna go back after a year after waiting for the residence permit..everything will be ok..

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please write only in English on the anglophone forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi.... I have same situation :(  no process.... I m married to a person who is swdish citizen... I have been applied 7 months ago but still no progress... Even no email yet from migration.... Its hard to describe what i feel... But.....  :(

hej :) i waited for 14months before i get thr decision

Oh so it is still in timeline of waiting time between 8-14 months. Hopefully i can get the result much earlier than that time:(!

Omg now i know that a lot of filipinas applying and waiting for the result.was applying online also april  28,2015 till we never heard anything from the Swedish immigration...me and my husband got crazy thinking of our situation here in philippines and paying for too much for living.

hi
ive a wife in africa now, whos also applied for sweden..at the swedish migration they say, its due to all the refuges from syria and around, that delays the kind of permits both u and i wants to be ready asap. In my case i heard up to 13 months!

Bert Lundblad sweden

It's exactly. 14 months, until Ive got the. Yes from them, well now everything is settled,Will start SFI jan. 11,(just sharing ) Good luck. To all of. You, be positive. And..keep. on. Pushing the. Immigrtion..call. them everytime,and. Ask how the case is going..

Hi there,

Congratulation for all that received their  card, i am also waiting, its almost 11 month... frustating and sick of waiting...

Hi to all,
Congrats to all who already have their decision.Hope we get decision early,Goodluck to us.

Hi dear friends,

I have a question of those friends who received their card, what is the process after your interview!? did they interview your fiance or husband also, I was interviewed 23July.. and its almost 11month after our application sent.
Please share with us those who get their Card, its like a HOPE for us.

GOOD LUCK everybody.

hello everyone! :)

congratulations to all those who have granted a permit and good luck and more patience to those who are still waiting.. like me. :)

i have been waiting for 11 months now and very much hopeful to have my decision the soonest time (considering the 10-13 month waiting time).

For those (from the Philippines) who already had their card, how long did it take before you receive your card?

I wait almost three months but during that time refugees issue is not to much..Just be prayerful when you are waiting and try to call migration board every month so that they know that you are waiting. 

Thanks.

For residence time to wait I want to travel from Venezuela to live in this country, someone knows that the steps to obtain a visa.

För uppehållstiden att vänta Jag vill resa från Venezuela för att bo i det här landet, någon som vet att de åtgärder för att få ett visum.

SamoMc wrote:

Hi there,

Congratulation for all that received their  card, i am also waiting, its almost 11 month... frustating and sick of waiting...

Same here...waiting and waiting. It's killing me

7 months, nothing yet! I'm running out of patience and it feels like my life is at a standstill 😭😭

Just from reading the comments on here, I'm under the impression that it's much faster from the Philippines.
If your job is on the labor shortage list, does this matter?

Hi there. I applied march 2015 and still there is no response from migrationsverket. We are waiting for 10 months already. My husband was here last november and now i am 2 months pregnant. I submitted my pregnancy certificate and ultra sound photos. They said that priority is not an option anymore. I am still in the philippines. If we stick on 14 months waiting period, ill be on my 6th months of pregnancy. I still need to fix my ut card and wait for it. By that time maybe i am on my way of giving birth. You know airlines forbid pregnant passengers to leave. We were requesting the migration if we can do the biometrics when we arrive in sweden. The consulate here have also coordinated it but it is really hard to contact migrationsverket as of now. It would be a big hassle if i give birth here because i need to get papers for my newborn and another waiting time for a residence permit. Does anyone knows or can advise me what can i do? I am married with a swedish citizen. Thanks for the answers

Hi there , it is really good news that you are pregnant.congratulations.

But dear as they mention in their website, there is no priority now. We applied January 2015 and its now 12moth. My fiance called the Migrationsverket but they replied at least 14month. It may goes till 21 month , it means more 9 month... I am really frustrated and tired... So tired of waiting.
I don't know why they don't think that keeping a relationship from far is more difficult , and it is really hard for both sides, on this one year my fiance came to iram 5 times.
I am even tired of praying and asking all around to pray for me... Just tired.

Dear friends,

This is Samira , I also got my resident permission from Migrationsverket, I waited exactly 13months and 10 days till they sent A letter to my fiance in Stockholm.

Wish you all get your permission soon.

Samira

Samira!!!! Congratulations!!!!
Finally the wait is over for you!!
i wish the same for all of us who are still in this wait,

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : English only please
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Write only in English when participating on the anglophone version of the forum please.

Who will go to bangkok soon for biometrics? I will be going there with my son. I need a companion since i am 4 months pregnant. This is awkward to ask but is there any othe way to do it here because we think it is too risky for me and for my 6 year old son. If ever will they give me a priority in the line since i will catch up my 1:30 flight going back to the philippines. Is there alot of people in there who also leave biometrics? I need informations to those who have experienced it. Thank you very much

Hi Neslund. I just had my biometrics last Tuesday, March 15, 2016. It was fast. i went in Embassy (Bangkok) around 9am and i am #5 in the row as when you enter the office you have to get a priority #. You will just have to present your passport and the result of your application. Then They have your fingerprints and photo processed.

Thank you for your reply sey. I have contacted the embassy already and they told me that i will not have any problem in taking a biometrics since it is pretty fast. I dont have a decision yet but our case officer told us to do the biometrics first since i am pregnant and to lessen our waiting time. It would be harder for me to travel and do it if i wait for the decision. I also asked the embassy if i can do it, they said i can do it at any point of application. My doctor also advised me that it is best to travel when you are on your 2nd trimester for it is not so risky. I just need to bring our passports with us and the dossier number.

How's everybody? After 6 months of waiting finally migration emailed me for the interview. But I guess there's a long que for interview too so my schedule is May 24 but I am still happy coz finally there's a progress on my application. I am excited for the interview! Can't wait to tell our love story to the interviewer and my experience when I visited Sweden last year. :)

I know the waiting time is 14 to 15mos as per migration website but we are still keeping our hopes high that I will be back to Gävle earlier than winter :)

Goodluck to us!

Hi there. Its nice to know the migrationsverket finally contacted you. I just had my interview with my son yesterday at the consulate. It was a long interview. As per my experience, we waited for 11 months for the email of migrationsverket and yesterday, they have informed me that the waiting time is 14 months (well i dont need to wait long for it because we are on the 13 month waiting period) i am married with a swedish citizen and now i am 5 months pregnant. We are done with the biometrics in bangkok thailand because our case officer advised us to do it first to lessen the waiting time and since i am pregnant, it would be harder for me to travel if we wait for the decision. So now, all is done. Yes, there is a long line for the interview. There are alot of swedish nationals who are visiting the consulate for consular services and i think they are only entertaining interviews during afternoon. Good luck to your interview. Be ready because mine took 1 hour and 30 mins including my son's. Fuel yourself with water because you will be thirsty after.

Thank you for the advice... I hope you can get a decision soon... :)

Hi everybody, I am waiting 15 month but no answer. ..It made sad and worry.i and my husband married one year but I am far and alone from each others .This situation is difficult .when magiration answer ?

Hi,  better action you have to do is check the status of your case true their website. Am sure you have already the case number. You can email them too and ask. Your husband have to follow up your application to the migration board here in Sweden.
Godluck,

My husband called very much , but they only say waite to answer. It is 15 month .migration don't care , it is unkind that new bride and groom are far each other .

What was the status of your case?  Is it pending?    I think the reason of your delay is Sweden have so many emigrant but anyhow your waiting is quite too long. Relax and pray that all be answer this month.

Yes we are waiting. We are married but Marriage by proxy .We met and spend several months in Turkey.my husband traveled to turkey .I live in Iran.

15 month is too long? Is somebody like me? I do not know why it took long. Somebody is here to tell me

Heh Sevda,Check which unit your case is? Don't worry soon you will get decision.

Thanks lily ...I heard that it takes 21 month ...It is hard to bear.

Yes it's tough i know how you feel,i will be waiting for 14months in few days.They say it takes 21months but alot of People i know they have receive decision between 13.5 to14.5months.If it take 20 to 21 months that means your case is complicanted it needs more investigation.I heard if a case is in goternburg it takes long. I believe You will get your decision one of this days.Hang in there Sevda