Midwifery in Abu Dhabi

Hi everyone :)
Just wondering has anyone any experiences regarding working as a midwife in Abu Dhabi? Am considering relocating there next year
Thanks!

Hello I would like to know what it is that you wanted about it

In Abu Dhabi Corniche Hospital there is a special hospital obstetrical

Hiya,

I have been offered a midwife job in Abu Dhabi.  I am currently going through the Dataflow process.

I am really looking forward to this opportunity of working abroad and experiencing a new culture.

Following all the research I have been doing it is advisable to go for a midwifery job where you will still be able to use ALL you skills such as conducting spontaneous deliveries, perineal suturing, ARM's, cannulation, starting off inductions etc.  Try not to go for a job where you will be like an assistant to the doctor.  It's important to maintain your autonomy as much as possible.

If I can help I'm happy to give you any further information.

All the very best x

At which hospials are midwives still allowed to practice as midwives? It would simply irritate the heck out of me if I'm not allowed to deliver a baby!

@Lexi check your inbox

I am not sure which kind of experience you are referring to, but I assume that is related to work as a midwife (obviously). :-)

Anyway, child birth is a very important aspect in a family life in the Arab countries. As I've noticed in the hospital, Arabs really celebrate the birth of a new child. Literally, they celebrate. Many visitors bring in chocolates and gifts. That being said, being a midwife plays an important aspect in the process.

Most hospitals make sure that child delivery is a happy and momentous experience, and they compete for the best hospital experience possible. Work can be very demanding, but at the end of a day when you see smiles and hear cheers from people, it can be a very rewarding experience.

As a midwife, you need to have a license in two different licensing facilities: One is the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the other is Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD).

For you to get HAAD license, you need to apply first for MOH. MOH requires you to take exams (written and interview) in Abu Dhabi or Al Ain. When you are succesful, your application for MOH license will go further. When your MOH license is done, HAAD licensing will no longer be a hassle. It is basically two processes as one package.

Cheers

Hello!
I just want to know if what are the sample questions for Midwives Haad Exam since we are having Oral Type of exam.Moreover it would be much appreciated to me if you can give me study guide.

Thank you!
God Bless!
Rosell