Hints on everything from purchasing land to work visa!

Hello,
My name is Cindy, my husband and I along with another couple are looking into buying farm land with a house and raise show horses. We were mainly only looking in the Panama area, but we just recently discovered the beauty of Argentina and how perfect it would be to raise horses there. So instead of spending the next month or so digging the net for updated information and helpful hints on everything from purchasing land to work visa, ?is it hard or costly to get citizenship, ?can/or do we need to leave every 90 days till we know if were going to stay?? Anything you can think of will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Hi Cindy and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created in Mendoza forum for better visibility.

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Cindy,
  I am from U.S.A but living in Argentina half of the year.  I have been trying to find a way to get citizenship for awhile and I will tell you that they dont make it very easy in Argentina.  I guess it depends on the amount of money you have.  THere is a visa called Rentista but you have to prove that you can bring in 2000 dollars per month into the country from assets owned in your country.  Your situation sounds quite different from mine so maybe that is possible for you.  I stay on a toursit visa and leave and reenter the country every 90 days.  It is a bit of a pain but in Mendoza the border with Chile is relatively close.  I will tell u that these days in Argentina the prices are equal if not more than the USA.  The only thing that is cheaper is vegetables. If you have any more questions I would be happy to try to answer as best as possible.  Good luck and I think Argentina would be a nice place to raise horses.  Take a look near Salta.

Hi Cindy,

I am french (nobody's perfect)living in Argentina. First of all, yes Argentina is a very nice country geograpically speaking, but doing business here is more than a nightmare. I want to clarify that buying land here doen't give you any right nor advantage to get a long term residence not speaking about citizenship which is quite impossible. The only possibility, if I understood well your project, will be to ask for an invertor visa but,but but,the minimum investment amount has to be 1.500.000 pesos i.e more or less 350 grounds and about two tons of paperwork to fill in with no garanty of acceptation by the immigration authorities. So this deal is more or less pay first and we will see. Otherwise, what gretalynn says about the rentista visa is correct but getting the permanent residence will take 3 years and you will have to renew your temporary residency every year with again tons of papers to show.

So in summary, this beautiful lady Argentina looks pretty good outside but is very vicious inside. Having had the opportunity to deeply know Nicaragua, I would rather recommend you to look at this country where things and prices are way cheaper and easier than Argentina.

That's it for the moment and good luck for you and your project.

hola cindi,mira yo soy argentino,aca es facil comprar tierras solo hay ahora que declararlas,estoy justo en la zona mas productiva de argentina en cuanto a soja .trigo y demas ,aca hay muy buenos caballos tengo lugar donde vivir para uds ,estoy haciendo departamentos para alquilar y los puedo guiar,yo queria irme para alla porque ya vivi en irlanda da pero como buen gordo y chef que soy y haber trabajado en europa queria regresar ,por favor ,ponete en contacto,mi nombre es roberto ricardo appendino,vivo a 40 km de santa fe(capital ) hacia el sur y a ciento veinte de rosario sobre el rio parana  hay lugares magnificos ,hay islas en el rio para comprea o llevar los caballosa pastar cuando hace frio en el campo y falta pasto ,mas o menos la hectarea de campo aca cuesta alrededor de 10000 dolares y la de siembra de frutillas o stroberry alrededor de 15000 dolares la hectarea,tengo gente conocida que vende 9,1/2 de tierra de cultivo para frutillas en 300.000 pesos o sea mas o menos 75000 dolares ,espero tu mail o tu llamado  00543424910180 o al mobile0054 9342154853458 o al mail este o al sig  [email protected]

Hi apepen, could you please post in English in this Anglophone forum?;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.